1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Columbia Center (XXL only) 1.0

Columbia Center, only for Cities XXL.

1. Monty

Monty Governor

Monty submitted a new resource:

Columbia Center (XXL only) - Columbia Center, only for Cities XXL.

Read more about this resource...

2. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah another Seattle building, oh guess what I am in the city now

Monty likes this.
  3. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

bronze medal_4.png 3rd Place Winner, August 2015 Mod of the Month contest

4. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

A beautiful building but it's the first one I can't connect to a road so it will actually work. It builds nicely and looks impressive. I can't find the treebug fix mod, you should provide a working link for us to find that easily. I really hope I can get this working.

5. kipate

kipate Governor

It has no base, but that does not mean it does not connect to the road. Just put it rather close to a road.

OmniusPrime likes this.
  6. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

kipate,
    I've tried that but perhaps I'm placing it too close to the road, I had the building overlapping the roads. I just searched the TreeBug fix mod by presumably Pharmists and found the page no longer exists.

7. kipate

kipate Governor

Hmmh, maybe make some test:
    Make a crossing of roads in 45 degree layout and have the angle at 90 degrees.
    Then, rotate the building with additional Shift Key, and put the side with the entry as close to the crossing,
    so close that the edges at the side touch the roads (not overlap). Then it should be close enough.

OmniusPrime likes this.
  8. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

kipate,
    Thanks for your advice. I went back and placed the building many times. I found the trick seems to be which side of a road you try to build it on or from. I had tried it from one direction with no luck, then turned map around and placed on other side and found the sweet spot. It takes a little patience to get it placed the correct distance from the road but it now works.

9. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

kipate,
    Thanks for more advice. It seems tough to find the entrance since the building's three sides look so similar. I did try rotating it with the shift key too. At least now I know the trick to placement. :D

10. Monty

Monty Governor

Hey, here is the tree bug fix by pharmist. Sometimes is hard to find stuff here using the site's search feature, so I sometimes just use instead google and add xlnation as keyword.
    Dependency - Z_Pharmist_TreeBug_Fix_v1.00

OmniusPrime likes this.
  11. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Monty,
    Thanks for the link, it works and didn't crash my game. I'm not sure what it does yet but am hoping that somehow when I build future roads I can somehow get different trees. Still tricky to place building but now I know where the front is. :LOL:

12. Monty

Monty Governor

It simply fix a problem with many types of trees not showing propperly when they are called in a layout file. Many modders place specific trees and plants in their mods, but the game will only show the same trees over and over because of that bug, that patch solves that problem.

OmniusPrime likes this.
  13. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Monty,
    Thanks for the info on what the TreeBug fix mod does, now should make mods look better. I hope you'll post the link on your Overview page description so you don't have to keep wising up future downloaders. Perhaps the xlnation staff will post it if allowed.

I've downloaded a bunch of cool mods the past two days and my next video will be a tribute to mods and modders.