1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

construction mod tutorial

Discussion in 'Modding Help Quarter' started by deigo maluti, Apr 6, 2021.

1. deigo maluti

deigo maluti Unskilled Worker

Good Night, I'm Brazilian, I play Cities XXL for a year, but I always wanted to create more "Brazilian" cities, so I learned to work with 3D objects to create mods for the game. first of all, forgive me for the terrible english ...
    going to the subject, I work a lot with blender (3D software), and downloaded some pdf that we have in the totoriais, however I was not able to understand some things, for example, how should I save the project (in which .OBJ, .FBX format , .X3D ...)?
    where I get the construction script, for example, house of Unskilled workers, how do I define how many inhabitants there are in the house, where is the front of the house that will be on the street, what are the ideal sizes of land, or even if I can make smaller plots or bigger, the tutorials I saw are older and all are by 3dmax. if someone can help me, i promise that as soon as i understand this process, i will make a tutorial video for newbies just like me. I thank everyone!!

Drazicdesign likes this.
  2. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

deigo maluti likes this.
  3. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Q: 1:
    This is one of the first questions to ask.
    1/ What type of buildings am I going to do?
    A T1, T2, T3,?

2/For what function?
    A house? A business ?, An office? An industry? or another?

-------------------------------- EXAMPLE--------------------

Take this model :

Like this model, the vast majority of buildings only need 4 files + a localization:

- 1/ A file for the 3d model => data\gfx\building\h_allfri01_t1.sgbin
    upload_2021-4-7_16-46-37.png

- 2/ A seed file => data\design\buildings\residence\h_allfri01_t1.class

- 3/ A file for the layout = > data/Design/Layout/H_AllFri/h_allfri01_t1_all.layout

- 4/ A file for the thumbnail => data\interface\ddstexture\buildings\h_allfri01_t1.dds
    upload_2021-4-7_16-58-40.png

- 5/ A file for localizations => data\localization

Below is a tutorial for the localization file.
    Tutorial - Language Localization Files

Q: 2:
    The number of inhabitants in a house or building and defined by size, T1, T2, T3, possibly T4
    You will find more answers to this in the guide "[OFFICIAL] Artist Technical Document" (see previous post)

Q: 3:
    You will find the answer in the guide "[OFFICIAL] Artist Technical Document" (see previous post)

Q: 4:
    The guide mainly expresses two basic sizes:
    - 40 meters x 40 meters
    - 60 meters x 60 meters
    It's two sizes are perfect to respect the strategic aspect of the game.

However, exceptionally the game (and the guide) offers more or less large sizes.
    Then if you want to create smaller or larger base sizes, this is quite possible.

You will need to adapt the format (size) of the textures to the size of your buildings.

A texture format that is too large for a small building base will make a "Model.SGBIN" too heavy for the game.
    And so will slow down your game.

Conversely, a large building with a small texture format will create a building with a pixelated texture.
    It's up to you to find the right compromise, with the help of the "[OFFICIAL] Artist Technical Document" guide.

Q: 5:
    1/ Your modeling project must be exported in .FBX format

2/Then open "Artist Tool Suite (Build 10.4.0.15)" You will find "Artist Tool Suite (Build 10.4.0.15)" here: "C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Focus Home Interactive \ Artist Tool Suite \ Viewer \ Viewer.exe"
    "Artist Tool Suite (Build 10.4.0.15)" is the tool allowing to transform your "Model.FBX" into "Model.SGBIN"
    It is this "Model.SGBIN" that the game Cities XXL displays ingame

deigo maluti likes this.
  4. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

I leave it to you to read my previous posts, and I suggest that we start together with a simple residential building T1 or T2, in order to put it into play.

To get started we need to define the name of the model.
    I'll leave it to you to come back to me when you're ready.(y)

PS: although there is a lot of information to read, don't worry I will help you and it will remain relatively simple. :D

deigo maluti likes this.
  5. deigo maluti

deigo maluti Unskilled Worker

[QUOTE = "Drazicdesign, post: 42779, membro: 43"] Deixo para vocês a leitura dos meus posts anteriores, e sugiro que comecemos juntos com um simples edifício residencial T1 ou T2, a fim de colocá-lo em jogo.

Para começar, precisamos definir o nome do modelo.
    Vou deixar para você voltar para mim quando estiver pronto.(y)

PS: embora haja muita informação para ler, não se preocupe, vou ajudá-lo e permanecerá relativamente simples. : D[/CITAR]

Ok, I'm following the steps as informed, as soon as I have any results, I return if it worked or if it went wrong to find out where I went wrong !! thank you so much!

Drazicdesign likes this.