1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Flexible Placement Mod - XXL - XL 1.1

zzzzzz_drazic_flexibility_mod_v1.1.patch

1. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Drazicdesign submitted a new resource:

Flexible Placement Mod - XXL - XL - zzzzzz_drazic_flexibility_mod_v1.1.patch

Read more about this resource...

2. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

As you understood the two patches are not compatible.
    So you need to delete the vampiro patch from your mods folder.

However, I offer two solutions, choose one or the other:
    1/ First solutions:
    You can decide before launching the game, to place this patch in your mods folder and at the same time delete the Vampiro patch, to allow you to easily build walls, low walls, dikes, and fences, etc ...

And conversely, you can decide before launching the game, to place the Vampiro patch in your mods folder and at the same time delete this patch, to allow you to build buildings against each other.

And you renew the operation as many times as necessary.

2/ Second solutions:
    You unpack the vampiro patch and you modify the following 3 lines of codes:

Code:
    <SnapLineDistance>2</SnapLineDistance>
        <SnapBuildingDistance>6</SnapBuildingDistance>
      <SnapHeightDistance>0.01</SnapHeightDistance>
    By indicating these 3 values, in the vampiro patch, you can use one and the same patch.

From what I understood of these three lines of code.
    Code:
    <SnapLineDistance>2</SnapLineDistance>
    This code makes it possible to increase or decrease the snap distance during the construction of a road on another road.

Code:
    <SnapBuildingDistance>6</SnapBuildingDistance>
    This code allows to increase or decrease the snap distance of a building on a road.

Code:
    <SnapHeightDistance>0.01</SnapHeightDistance>
    This code makes it possible to increase or decrease the displacement of the cursor on the height during the construction of a road or a bridge.

3. lennon77

lennon77 Elite

Now I understand. I thought your mod made it easier to build the walls, but it kept building overlapping buildings. The second option to change the code in the vampire mod ... uff is beyond my knowledge of computer science. When I open the mod file, only symbols, codes and strange things appear, lol, nothing understandable appears to me. I hope you have understood me, since my native language is Spanish and I use the google translator to write this. Thank you very much anyway for your answer.

Drazicdesign likes this.
  4. brendonwright1989

Hi Drazic,

I have both the Vampiro patch & your flexibility mod installed. As with the other person, I want to keep the vampiro patch to overlap all the buildings in the game, as it limits it too much without.

I uncompressed the Vampiro patch, changed those lines of code and then re-patched and re-installed it in the game along with the Flexibility Mod - but, the buildings do not overlap. Am I supposed to delete the Flexibility Mod after I have made the changes to the Vampiro patch?

Is there any way an overlap mod like the Vampiro one can be made as a substitute if not? Any help is appreciated as I want both your awesome retaining walls & sound barriers and I want to overlap ALL buildings in the game. Thank you.

5. brendonwright1989

ACTUALLY! I just worked it out - I deleted the Flexible placement & both things work well, so problem solved & super happy that I can have both yay!

Drazicdesign likes this.
  6. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

That's fine, if it all works.

Also if you wish, I made this new mod which completely removes the collision box on all the original buildings in the game, without removing the building's attachment to the road.
    Here,
    Buildings - New Ultimate Building Pack without Collision - Only XXL

I leave it to you to try that.

brendonwright1989 likes this.