1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

CXL 2012 Game Crashs Loading Every City

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by vguillement, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

vguillement likes this.
  2. vguillement

vguillement Unskilled Worker

Terrifice ! Thank you very much :) Now some cities are working so I will investigate the missing mods. But you've been so helpful :)

3. vguillement

Oh well now I'm totally lost... I now get this
    [12:50:08] LOAD aenEntityManager.cpp (1661) ErrorBuild Missing prototype file <data/design/buildings/industry_uk_cxl2012/businessservice/b_freedomtower.class>

But the thing is the the freedom tower is in my pak fold ! I even tried to redownload it to make sure it was the right one !

4. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

wow looks like your cxl-installation is kinda messed up :p
    thats a uncommon location for the freedom tower, guess thats why it cant be found o_O
    anyway, id like to suggest to do a clean install of cxl and then place all mods again into your paks folder and just start a new city

but if you dont want to do this you can fix it by getting pak-unpack tool from generation city, unpack the freedom tower and create the missing location yourself, place the class file in it, and repack it

vguillement likes this.
  5. vguillement

Ow god, sounds like a hard thing to do haha ! Well I already tried to reinstall the game. I clearly don't know what happened (well I run the game on a Mac so I guess that's why it's a little fucked up sometimes !
    I'm gonna try your solution we'll see what's happens (I am a bit obstinate sometimes and ther's a city that I clearly want to get back^^)

6. vguillement

Dumb question I know but : what if I put the freedom tower in the right folder ?

7. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

that would have no effect :p
    you need to unpack the patch file and put the class file into the correct folder, then repack

8. vguillement

Well obviously that'd be too easy :p But I understand the process tho
    Well Mac wont allow me to do such a thing hehe ^^

But the freedom tower is definitely the main probleme. I put it in a new city and now the city is craaaashinnng as well ! ^^

9. vguillement

Well Is there any other way I can do this process without packunpack ? :S

10. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

11. vguillement

WELL EVERYTHING WORKS FINE NOW. Thanks you very very much you both were fantastic and helped me out ! If there's anything I can do for you just ask haha ^^

12. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Your welcome :)