1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

CJ Hedegaarde

Don't miss the new update: "ROOFS OF HEDEGAARDE"

1. ARCHitect

ARCHitect Executive

Möebius likes this.
  2. kipate

kipate Governor

Hmmh,you could use some of the no-collision trees in Lex' Total Forest Pack,
    and place them in the empty backyards of the houses...

3. ARCHitect

ARCHitect Executive

Yes thanks, it's not finished yet! There are a lot of thing to do

4. vallamir

vallamir Elite

Beautiful city ! Just one thing, I think you must to ad some trees ;)

5. ARCHitect

ARCHitect Executive

Thank you :) Of course, it's just the beginning of the CJ, the city needs much work to be done. I added trees in every lot inside the central yards

6. ARCHitect

ARCHitect Executive

7. Inan

Inan Governor

Very nice Arch! I'm keen on seeing more pics, espescially more aerials and overviews! Your cities are always very well planned and detailed :)

ARCHitect likes this.
  8. ARCHitect

ARCHitect Executive

Hey Inan thank very very much :) I will take some photos now and upload them for you to see

9. ARCHitect

ARCHitect Executive

10. ARCHitect

ARCHitect Executive

11. wcpaeb

wcpaeb Executive

Hey! Very nice european style city!

In the second picture in the update section, there is a building like a train station or something like that with all these railroad lanes, is that a mod? And if it is, it's only for decoration purposes or it is functional?

12. ARCHitect

ARCHitect Executive

Hey thank you! Well this is not a mod and it is not functional at all... I just used components of Aitortilla's airport pack and the rail lines which i don't remember the name of the mod exactly :(

So, everything is for deco purpose :)

13. wcpaeb

wcpaeb Executive

Thanks for your reply, looking forward for more updates in your CJ!

14. ARCHitect

ARCHitect Executive

15. kipate

kipate Governor

That one whitish building next to the railway tracks is the Jewish Museum of Berlin, I guess?
    Update looks great, just at parts I would have wished for some more decoration of the plazas,
    as well as some kind of breaks within the cityscape, i.e. some more variety of buildings.
    It looks really homogeneous, and at some parts, this homogeneity loses its attractivity.

ARCHitect likes this.
  16. PaulJChris

PaulJChris Governor

Architect, very nice city . Impressive attention to details.

Would it be too much work to replace the Seawalls with my latest 15M Esplanade Road to plug those gaps at the intersections. I used the same textures so it should look the same , only difference I suppose being a slight change in the road width.

17. ARCHitect

ARCHitect Executive

Hey Kipate, yes it's the Jewish Museum of Berlin. An unpublished mod by Ole.

You know, I totally agree with you but I kinda wanted to recreate a homogeneous historical core, which is true that doesn't exist in German cities (like Italy for example). My way of building in this city was (and still is), to build circular zones (like London), which have identical - or try to have identical characteristics.

Beginning from the zone 1 which is the old core... you can see blocks in every shape.

Passing to the zone 2, you see more rectangle blocks of wall to wall buildings and inner yards as small parks combined with modern architectures.

Zone 3 has less congestion, more open spaces and more modern building complexes combined with parks and linear ways of green spaces.

As you said, it kinda loses its attractivity and you're completely right, especially when you look at bird's eye views of the city.

My poor explanation is that the German pack has the same number of floors in all of its buildings and that leads (in my opinion) the city into loosing its attractivity.

However, I will try to make an official upload with maps etc and i will show even more stuff of my city. The reason i'm not making an official upload yet, is because i want to finish the whole thing, so gaps (non built areas) won't appear in photos :)

kipate likes this.
  18. ARCHitect

ARCHitect Executive

Paul thanks a lot :) Well, at the moment i can't build (exams period) but i will try your suggestion soon. I like your idea... let's see if it's possible because most of my waterfronts aren't linear :/

19. ARCHitect

ARCHitect Executive

20. Ole

Ole Executive

You just made me abandon my city and start a new one to be more like yours ;)

ARCHitect likes this.