1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Help please....

Discussion in 'Modding Help Quarter' started by DtwizzY, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Trolca

Trolca Executive

I have never used this software and so I'm most likely way off base here but it looks to me as if your pivot point is front center instead of true center. Again I might not be looking at it correctly.

2. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

Your building is not set at 0,0,0 and your plug need to be at front middle - see my example. Also make sure your pivot point is correct. click the image to expand to full width.
    plugPos.png

3. pauliaxz

pauliaxz Mayor

Well, I fixed your model. Added some pictures for explanations.

111.png
    There is a tutorial for correct placement, I added that too, check attachments.

You placed your L1 model incorrectly, this is how it should be:
    222.png

And here correctly placed layout helper dummies:
    333.png

Link to fixed .max file:
    http://www72.zippyshare.com/v/Vbj43vcm/file.html

Don't forget to export new layout file.

If you have more questions, feel free to ask here.

Attached Files:

4. DtwizzY

DtwizzY Elite

Thank you very much pauliaxz (y)(y)

This forum is really great in all levels, sharing, support, everything! :love:

Just, I found that my trees are too big, do I change that?

5. pauliaxz

pauliaxz Mayor

Yes you can change that:

Red markings: probabilty/chance of tree appearance (100 means always appear, 50 means there is 50/50 chance for tree to appear in that layout.)

Green markings: The size of the tree. It's the percentage of the true tree size, play with this settings and you will get size you want.

Yellow markings: Random scale, it's how random scaled trees appear in your lot. IDK if it has any relation to green marked scale.

444.png

Immort_al likes this.