1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

How do I install mods?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Scott1984, May 20, 2018.

1. Scott1984

Scott1984 Vagabond

How do you unzip an .patch file without Cities XXL crashing? I tried downloading the
    XXL Realistic Highway Mod 2.2 version however I need to know where the
    XXL Community Mod v2.0 is at so I can download that first, my new Cities XXL crashed while having the RHM 2.2 version patch, however I don't know how to unzip a patch to become a "pak", so I would need some help on that please, with unzipping a patch and installing the mod above along with the RHM Mod 2.2 version, please as in step by step instructions. I naturally gave up last night, doing this on my personal computer now.

Scott1984

2. Skater27

Skater27 Executive

Use Packer and Unpacker tool found under Modeling Support.

3. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

You do not need to unzip a patch file to put it into the game!! Put the patch file into your mods folder and it will work.

But first make sure you have the Community Mod and other dependencies mods before adding other mods.

Follow this guide for more information
    Tutorial - Beginner's Guide

4. Scott1984

Scott1984 Vagabond

I tried to search for Community Mod 2.0 version here, but I couldn't find it as of yet. I just downloaded Cities XXL, from Steam and I am new to it, now you are saying that I have to have a Mod file, when I did that, the game Cities XXL crashed when I tried after I created the file without a / in it, and I am now real sure where exactly it goes for the file system in Steam for Program Files, for Cities XXL. How many other dependency mods this time do I need, I am thinking of downloading RHM 2.3 version that came out earlier this year. However how does the instruction work, step by step to install all of this? I am having some serious issues with solving an minor installation, please.

Scott1984

5. Scott1984

Scott1984 Vagabond

As in where is the hyperlinnks to all these mods?

Scott1984

6. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

7. Scott1984

Scott1984 Vagabond

Is there still a 500,000 population lock, to be unlocked to use the Highways tool on Cities XXL 2015? I stopped using Sim City 4 Rush Hour traffic because I can get SC4 to run on my Windows 7 Ultimate PC now.

Scott1984

8. Scott1984

Scott1984 Vagabond

can't get it to run, on my personal computer.

Scott1984

9. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

You can use the cheat functions to unlock all buildings etc... There is the sandbox mode but I have never used it. Must try it one day. I still like to have a degree of a challenge so play a regular game but with everything unlocked.

I rebuilt the search function as it had not been done since we started on the new server. I may look at rebuilding it once a month if it is not capturing everything that is posted.

Latest available version of the community mod is 2.09.

10. Scott1984

Scott1984 Vagabond

What cheat functions are you talking about, and what is the sandbox mode? Is this some kind of code that has be in the game or so?

Scott1984

11. Scott1984

Scott1984 Vagabond

I would like to use the Cities XXL Map Editor to design my own terrain for my next version of my city, I wonder if there is a guide or instructions to this, also?

Scott1984

12. ruchika

ruchika Vagabond

Excellent post! I was searching the answer for same question. Thank you.

13. kipate

kipate Governor

Did you not get a personal message in which there is a link to the tutorial?

14. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I have a suspicion this is a bot preparing to spam. I'm keeping an eye on the account.

Mr.X² and kipate like this.