1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Migration/xlex Reupload

Discussion in 'Website Information and News' started by Alex24, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Alex24

Alex24 Moderator
    Staff Member

I guess we could make a new forum category in costum content.

different topic: can we make a list of the pages that have been uploaded already / will be uploaded? (pages + user)

2. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

Funky and X2 have a good point. It would be nice to be a place where people can link mods that are not on the XLEX, but they didn't themselves make. It could be a forum or a data table as it is/was on the old XLN.

Something to consider for the future, perhaps?

3. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

4. Peter912

Peter912 Elite

We are talking about the general moddding index, what actually contains mods from other sites eg.links to them. I guess that should be uploaded also since it contains mentioned links to non-XLN custom content (General City, Simtropolis et cetera):angel:
    Maybe we shall do a Forum Post made it sticky, and then make it as "Non-XLN mod list" or sort of that if we can´t do it like it´s on the old XLN.

5. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

We could actually do that with the resource manager as well, it has an option to use an external link instead of a physical file. That file always confused me because most of the stuff listed there was in the Exchange

6. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

Okay there is a new resource category called "Offsite Mods" that is designed for resources with external links, that should work perfectly. Now I guess some one has to go through the General Modding Index and only migrate stuff actually not available already?

7. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

Can the upload resource be removed from City Journals?

8. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

sorry but no, you can't do update resource later. you just need to upload a silly file one time. I am asking for a change in next version

9. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

There's a error over at the old site. Not sure if it's to do with the downtime last night.

10. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks I will try to fix it

11. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey Icy, just wondering about the migration of user accounts. Is that still going to happen?
    Reason I'm asking is because of the stuff posted already. It wont be associated to a username if the username table is overwritten. I think the resource posts of a member would have to be manually reassigned to that member.

Edit: Oh and also before I forget. It will get worse if the old XLN is read only. People will want to post somewhere and there will be an onrush of new accounts here.

12. Supersnake

Supersnake Mayor

Hi Icy,

Please, note that I will re-upload my mods and Breizher's mods (my previous modder avatar).

13. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

ATM OLD XLNation is dead, with no plans to migrate anything. Would be a huge mess at this point anyway to try

14. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

Are the migration finished? The last days i have only seen CJ's and off site mods. But i know for sure there are still mods from old XLN who are not uploaded here.
    Don't get me wrong. I understand it's a fastidious work and it will take some time. Perfectly fine. I just want to know how are things at the moment and make sure the site won't be missing any mods.

15. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

you can get the missing ones at the mistery patch files 1 & 2 ;)
    we werent able to identify those mods... maybe you can try your luck?

16. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

I've seen those and there are some i can identify. I'm going to Download it again an make a list of the ones i know about.
    Does that mean the mystery are the last ones? I was under that feeling when i saw that post...

But there are more mods missing. At least my 2 mods and they were not in the mistery packs. I didn't uploaded them because i didn't want to mess things up and cause duplicates.
    If the migration is finished i wonder why my mods weren't. I can upload them, no problem! But i wonde if some others are also left out...

Should i post the list here?

17. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

any mods that were posted in message threads or hosted on third party sites have not been recovered and wont be. All the "official mods" in the XLEX that were stored in the right place on XLNation (old) have either been restored here or they are in they Myster Patch o1 and 02 for anyone else to figure out

18. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

I think mine were stored in the right place. No external links at all. And they are not in the mistery patches.
    But just to be clear. Does that mean the migration is finished? If this is the case i will upload my mods then

19. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes we are done migrating, so if you have them please restore them from your copies

20. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

I know some people made XLEX entries but were forced to link to an external hosting site rather than upload to XLN directly due to bugs - perhaps that was the case here?