1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Modding community

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by kikimasterwastaken, Apr 30, 2015.

1. kikimasterwastaken

kikimasterwastaken Unskilled Worker

I was contemplating buying either Cities XXL or Cities Skylines and a single comment on Cities XXL stream review convinced me to buy it.It said that the modding community of Cities XXL was growing big on xlnation.city and not on the steam workshop like Cities Skylines' modding.I may be the greatest consumer because I dont have a single clue on how to create mods but it seems to be that its sleeping(the modding community).What is with that?

2. Merrilkl Maddox

Merrilkl Maddox Executive

I am new to modding, well, trying to learn, and I think they may have a problem. All the tutorials out there require you to have 3ds max 2012, or Google Sketchup 2008 to create mods, neither are available. I use 3ds Max 2015 and I even got ahold of Autodesk, the makers of 3ds Max, and I can't get an older version other than 2014.

I posted 2 threads for help on modding, since all the tutorial I have found are out dated, and will not work. I have not gotten a response yet.

So, either the modders are using some antique equipment, or they are afraid to let someone know how they are doing it.

There are only a coupe guys on here that I find with new mods. So, Cities Skylines may be the way to go!

3. Monty

Monty Governor

I replied your thread not long ago.

If you bother to look into the Modding Help forum, you'll see that was already been asked and aswered http://xlnation.city/threads/3ds-max-2012-gone.3058/#post-21043

4. Merrilkl Maddox

Merrilkl Maddox Executive

Please turn your attention and comments to my thread "3d Trial Mods" in the "Modding Help Quarter".

See you there, Thanks. :dm9: