1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities XXL Monorail Not Enough Room for Road Error

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by OmniusPrime, Feb 22, 2016.

1. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

I'm hoping someone can help those of us who have downloaded the Monorail mod who are having trouble connecting track to the stations. Whether I build monorail stations along roads, not expressways, or not I always get the "not enough room for road" error message. I have both required dependency mods. I have also tried letting clock run to allow the stations to become active with employees and not and in each case I still get that annoying not enough room error message.

I know I'm not the only one having this problem. I sure hope someone can provide a helpful answer that will allow those of us who are having troubles connecting tracks to stations to finally do it successfully. It looks simple and straightforward yet no matter what I've tried I can't get past that unfortunate error message.

2. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

did you try another map?
    just curious.... that would be my first guess cause it works for some and for others not so it must have to do with sth else than the mod itself
    if you know what u are doing and how to, you could also try changing colission box and stuff

3. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Mr.X2
    Thanks for the help. I did try another map, The Green Hills, with the same error message. The first was The Crater. It would be nice to have a list of maps it works on and doesn't. I don't know how to change collision box stuff but did see some kind of mod that seems to do that for buildings. However that probably won't work for the road error.

I was wondering if you needed to have rail working between two cities before it would allow building the monorail? I have two cities on different continents linked by air and need to build another city to set up a rail connection to one of them. I'm wondering if somehow the monorail is dependent upon rail working in the game.

4. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

:boww:I got the answer to my monorail problem. This was posted by domengzu to another one of my questions about this. Let's all thanks domengzu for helping us solve this annoying problem. :D

"For those having trouble of placing the monorail, here is my solution. I am not a modder and I did not go into the code in finding the root cause but instead I made some trials. Here it goes:

At first, I also can't place the monorail and I already gave up but I did not remove the patch in the paks folder. I just continue testing and installing some other CXL mods (I'm using XXL). After quite some time, I tried again the monorail and amazingly, it works. So, I might guess, there is another mod the goes along with monorail that make it works.
    That time, I did not bother to find out what mod that was, as long as the monorail works, I am happy with that. But due to some posts that complain the monorail, I decided last night to test and find out which mod should goes along to make the monorail work. I remove ALL other mods except the monorail (of course the dependencies, community & furniture shouldn't be remove, as well as the maps which I think will not affect the monorail). Then my first guess is the "No collision for bridge" mod.

Amazingly, with the monorail and no collision mod, the monorail works.

That mod is for bridges. Like I said, I am not a modder, so I am not sure how can be any connection/relation to monorail (modders might check and confirm). Anyway, the good thing is, it make monorail works!

And so, I continue testing some bridge mod such as Aitortilla01's Bridge Pack, Monty's Bridge Pack, PJC's European Bridge Pack, Xsquared's Big Bridge Pack. These bridges can make monorail works also. Some other bridges can make it also, but I did not test all, I think its enough already. Might be the code of the no collision is included in these bridge mods.

In CONCLUSION, the monorail works if at least one of the following were installed:
    1. No collision mod
    2. Bridge mods such as stated above
    Modders might be able to confirm this and also if some users will confirm this, it might be very useful information to share.

The addition of the monorail in this game, for now, is amazingly the greatest mod among others. Many had just made awesome buildings but to make addition for transportation is a very big challenge. Hopefully, ferries and waterways will make it into XXL, as well as functional dedicated on-ground railways & stations with city link connection."

Taki Hossain, Mr.X² and domengzu like this.
  5. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

the map thingy was just a guess, not an answer ;)
    but glad you sorted it out

and yeah it makes sense, these mods include a very little class file making that kind of stuff "no"colission so you can build bridges above other stuff.. acutally only foundation, not the roads tho.. *givin this information without looking it up again, so might contain some mistakes.. its been over a year ago i made it :p

OmniusPrime likes this.