1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Monorail (XXL only) 1.1

A monorail system for XXL

1. Rene

Rene Executive

While this is a great public transport, rail and an over ground network, it's limited to no outside connections and no cargo on rail.

When CXXL came out FHI shortly after promised free DLC's and that we would know in the coming weeks. Well it's almost 7 months later and not a single DLC has dropped. I think they announced free DLC's only so that people would buy CXXL with the promise of more new content than just the music.

With proper rail CXXL could emulate real cities, but as long as I can't put citizens, tourists and cargo on rail, FHI lacks the foundation to build upon for years to come. Sure they might add 50+ new buildings and new maps for 14.99. Skylines devs have released in free patches (and with free portion of After Dark) already almost 200 new buildings.

Surely monorail for CXXL (and CXL) is exiting and fun and enhances game experience and we all love to deal with traffic :)
    Skylines has recently had traffic and public transport improvements - like elevated rail station, and sunken tunnel station is on it's way.

2. royb 98

royb 98 Elite

Do you have a response yet? Altiris still visits the site daily so I was just wondering if he didn't see your message or if I'm missing something :).

3. fayeddd

fayeddd Governor

You uploaded this a day before my birthday! And.. i just checked it now. Eeventhough I cant test it on the game but i can feel the happiness of the players who waited this 3 years ago. Thanks Altiris and others who worked on this!

kipate likes this.
  4. Mr. Sky

Mr. Sky Executive

I can´t built the Monorail. :cry::cry::cry:
    It always say that there is not enough space to built. How to solve this?

5. gangter

gangter Vagabond

不能建造啊,这单轨,提示 说 设置该条线路的空间不足

6. coblet

coblet Vagabond

I also have the problem,please give us a help(n)

7. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

I am curious, do we need to "complete the loop" with the dummy track in order for the Monorail to work? Does the monorail actually use the dummy track or is it just eye candy?

I am also under the impression its best to build the monorail right away in a new city then build it around the monorail?

fed alcantara likes this.
  8. royb 98

royb 98 Elite

The dummy rail is just eye-candy, so you don't need to close the line. There will be no trains using the dummy track.

It's pretty hard to build a monorail in an existing city because it makes really wide turns even though it's hard not to let the track go through any buildings. But it's doable to build a monorail system as long as you build your city around it.

9. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

@royb 98 thanks for the info, I kind of figured it was eye candy but wanted to make sure

10. coblet

coblet Vagabond

我也是这个情况,不知道是不是因为和其他插件冲突了。

11. WolkaN

WolkaN Vagabond

Why anyone dont help us?

Attached Files:

12. kipate

kipate Governor

Well, maybe because right now people, we, are not sure what the reason for your error could be...
    When you say you placed it like in the instructions, anything should be fine...
    Did you try the monorail on different maps, too, @WolkaN ?

@manuelandersen , did you put traffic on or off?
    In case you did anything correct, then trains should appear.

13. mrmnts

mrmnts Skilled Worker

Hello there,

I am trying to use the monorail in one of my cities but nothing I do seems to work. I've read the instructions carefully several times and followed them, made sure my game meets all requirements (downloaded applicable items), and tested it both in an empty city and the one I'm currently working on. Tried both sandbox mode and ordinary mode. Really beats me: I have no clue what I'm doing wrong but it always comes up with the error "not enough room for this road" and won't let me join stations together. :bash:

14. george_azur

george_azur Unskilled Worker

Hello,

I have this problem too. Tried several maps(in game and downloaded) and different terrains, removed all mods(except the ones needed for this) but it's still the same.
    I am guessing it may be a problem with the collision box of the station. This also happens(not enough room for this road) when you want to start a monorail line from a metro station. But I guess it's normal here?
    I would be great to work as I believe it's one of the greatest mods.

15. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

I also am having trouble making this work. I can build the monorail stations easily enough, off roads or adjacent. I've tried running clock to make the stations active before trying to lay the track, I always get the "not enough room" error message regardless of whether stations are built up or not when trying to connect track from one station to another. I also get the error message of not enough room when I build stations next to roads or out in the open like the instructions show. I even printed out the instructions and used them while in game to try to get past this error.

Is there a problem if the dependency mods came from Steam, the updated ones from October 2015? Do we have to only use the dependency mods from here at xlnation? It sure would be nice if we got a little help so all can use this awesome looking mod.

16. domengzu

domengzu Unskilled Worker

For those having trouble of placing the monorail, here is my solution. I am not a modder and I did not go into the code in finding the root cause but instead I made some trials. Here it goes:

At first, I also can't place the monorail and I already gave up but I did not remove the patch in the paks folder. I just continue testing and installing some other CXL mods (I'm using XXL). After quite some time, I tried again the monorail and amazingly, it works. So, I might guess, there is another mod the goes along with monorail that make it works.
    That time, I did not bother to find out what mod that was, as long as the monorail works, I am happy with that. But due to some posts that complain the monorail, I decided last night to test and find out which mod should goes along to make the monorail work. I remove ALL other mods except the monorail (of course the dependencies, community & furniture shouldn't be remove, as well as the maps which I think will not affect the monorail). Then my first guess is the "No collision for bridge" mod.

Amazingly, with the monorail and no collision mod, the monorail works.

That mod is for bridges. Like I said, I am not a modder, so I am not sure how can be any connection/relation to monorail (modders might check and confirm). Anyway, the good thing is,
    it make monorail works!

And so, I continue testing some bridge mod such as Aitortilla01's Bridge Pack, Monty's Bridge Pack, PJC's European Bridge Pack, Xsquared's Big Bridge Pack. These bridges can make monorail works also. Some other bridges can make it also, but I did not test all, I think its enough already. Might be the code of the no collision is included in these bridge mods.

In CONCLUSION, the monorail works if at least one of the following were installed:
    1. No collision mod

2. Bridge mods such as stated above
    Modders might be able to confirm this and also if some users will confirm this, it might be very useful information to share.

The addition of the monorail in this game, for now, is amazingly the greatest mod among others. Many had just made awesome buildings but to make addition for transportation is a very big challenge. Hopefully, ferries and waterways will make it into XXL, as well as functional dedicated on-ground railways & stations with city link connection.

17. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

domengzu,
    You are so totally awesome! I already had a concrete bridge mod so just added the no collision mod and sure enough I can haz monorails that work! :D Thinking about the error message it's logical that this seems to help make it work. I'll make sure to post this fix to my thread in tech support.

Thanks!!!!!!

domengzu likes this.
  18. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

domengzu,
    I also found out that clicking on a monorail train makes the screen follow it, going to make for some nice footage in one of my upcoming XXL videos.

domengzu likes this.
  19. domengzu

domengzu Unskilled Worker

Yeah, you can click also vehicles on the road for a road trip.

You may also click Pg up (to zoom in) to be on driver seat or a passenger.

OmniusPrime likes this.
  20. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

domengzu,
    You are a fountain of useful information! I didn't know about the vehicles and the Pg Up to sit in the driver's seat should look awesome. Unfortunately vehicles come and go. I love getting down on street level and lining the road up to take joy rides while recording in 4K.

domengzu likes this.