1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Buildings My Building Request Wish List.

Discussion in 'Buildings' started by Radiant Dawn, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

I'd like to request a list of buildings in the exchange in the XL section that are compatible for XXL. As I stated before, XXL just won't be the same without most if not all of the XL mods that we have available. If you know of any that work for XXL, please list them.

2. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

And why are we still without the road mods that we had for XL such as the road widening mod and bus lane mod that included roads that featured decorated medians? Isn't anyone interested in making XXL like XL if not better? Why not optimize our game experience and our cities? Who would want to stick with XL when we now have XXL? Either way, we're better off with XXL as long as we have the option to make it what XL was if not better.

3. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

Probably because there are hundreds of mods and it takes time to do anything.

4. ronrn

ronrn Governor

If you are referring to this mod
    Transportation - Cities XL Road Widening Mod (CWM) | XLNation - Cities XXL
    I've been using it for a long time with no apparent issues.
    You are correct though about the ~~~~XLN_TIMOFP_RED_BUS_LINES_V1.0 in the XLN_TIMOFP_Road_Addon_Mod_V1.3, but the rest of the roads in this addon seem to work well.

5. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

I understand that, but regardless of how many mods there are, there are a select few that would be essential to the cbs, such as the transportation mods including the bus lane mod and the road mods.

6. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

Not being a douche, but you should try and convert one for XXL. I'd assume all you have to do is change a few tags. Once you do one, you'll fly through the rest.

7. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

I'd like to request some relatively small buildings from my hometown of Palo Alto, CA. The buildings are mostly based on the downtown area of the town.

The Epiphany Hotel:
    the-epiphany-a-joie-de.jpg

2. SurevyMonkey Headquarters

surveymonkey-paloalto-front1-510x383.jpg

Register or to view Spoiler content!

3. Palo Alto Circle:
    niversity_%26_Alma%29-102_University_Ave--Designed_by_Joseph_Bellomo_Architects_2014-05-19_16-38.jpg

4. Four Seasons Hotel of University Circle/University Circle (situated right across the freeway from where I reside):
    silicon-valley-east.jpg

Boni and Myname like this.
  8. xkcinhx

xkcinhx Skilled Worker

i like your idea of the strip malls and the department stores. i jump in the boat too

Radiant Dawn likes this.
  9. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

Yeah, and though we were fortunate to have some people make a few impressive models, we are still kinda lacking them.

10. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

I think CXL Platinum would be great with some of the ports and docks that XXL comes with. Also, I've found that the Burj Khalifa that we have for XL doesn't work with XXL as a direct X shader message pops up every time I go to use it and the game crashes, therefore I'm requesting that someone either make a model that works for XXL or someone make a new one. I do realize that someone suggested i change tags to make some mods work, but I do not know how to at the moment, but I may try some time.

11. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

The Charlottenburg Schloss of Berlin, Germany and/or additions to the German Pack with such buildings and landmarks of Berlin.

[​IMG]

OmniusPrime likes this.
  12. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

Such buildings as these lovely beauties from Vienna, Austria! Perhaps a Vienna pack as I requested Aitortilla?

[​IMG]

OmniusPrime likes this.
  13. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

So I just tried to edit the tags of some CXL mods in attempts to make them compatible with XXL to no avail. I downloaded that CXLpackunpack program and it didn't work properly, so again I'm requesting XL mods to be made available for CXXL. Below is a list of some examples:
    1. The Burj Khalifa
    2. The German Residences Pack Mod
    3. The Sears Tower along with all the other mods included in Aitortilla's building pack.
    4. The LA skyscraper pack mod
    5. NY hotels
    6. FHI HQ
    etc. etc.

14. ronrn

ronrn Governor

If I understand things correctly, it's not always just the tags, some mods have transparent textures that are incompatible with XXL.

The Funky Monk likes this.
  15. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

I'd like to add a few more CXL mods that I want converted to XXL to my list:
    1. The CN tower (which works fine with XXL apart from a texture error that causes the building to turn to purple when the camera is zoomed out a certain distance).
    2. NEXL Trams
    3. NEXL Ferry Mod

16. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

I request that the current ports and docks that are available for XXL such as the cruise harbor and the sailing harbor either be made without collision or OWP enabled as it seems that they either don't totally work with some maps or require that they be placed too much on land to allow placement on seawall roads.

17. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Don't forget the Exploratorium building!

18. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

Also, the War Memorial Opera House and/or the Herbst Theatre of SF.

[​IMG]

19. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

The Jumeirah Beach Hotel; Dubai.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Boni and Myname like this.
  20. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

What's with the severe lack of new mods lately?