1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I will no longer be hosting XLNation as of March 1, 2017. Skullz613 will be taking the reigns of the site in early 2017 and XLNation will be moving to a new web hosting service. During that transition there will be an interruption in service of up to two weeks. Skullz613 is now a full administrator of XLNation. Be kind to him.

CXL Platinum Plaza over sunken Highways/sunken rail

Discussion in 'Game Play Support' started by Florian Grubert, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Florian Grubert

Florian Grubert Vagabond

Hello guys,

I have a problem concerning plazas over sunken highway/sunken rail. I would like to place plazas over sunken terrain to simulate tunnels. In that way the plazas should be on the surface and the rail/highway can pass under the plaza. How can I change the class files of the plazas to make it work?
    Is there a way to place buildings over sunken terrain/highway/railway without the base touching the ground?
    Thank you for your support.

Flow

2. kipate

kipate Governor

Impossible. You would need to have some kind of no-collision plaza, which exists. But then you would need to elevate the area below the plaza again without deleting the plaza, that does not work.

Well, you can use small/no-collision buildings, place them next to bridges above the highways, that usually works. To get the walls of a tunnel, you can use a tunnel piece of the XL convention center. But then it needs to be done in 45 degree angle. Someone made a tutorial for this once, but I did not find it again...
    Offices - Modular Convention Center

Here a photo by @Razox: look at the left tunnel:
    [​IMG]

3. Florian Grubert

Florian Grubert Vagabond

Thank you for the great advice! It works fine. Which wall/road mod did you use for the grey wall textures of the roads and besides the roads? They look really cool? Thank you for the support!

Flow