1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

CXL Platinum Plaza over sunken Highways/sunken rail

Discussion in 'Game Play Support' started by Florian Grubert, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Florian Grubert

Florian Grubert Unskilled Worker

Hello guys,

I have a problem concerning plazas over sunken highway/sunken rail. I would like to place plazas over sunken terrain to simulate tunnels. In that way the plazas should be on the surface and the rail/highway can pass under the plaza. How can I change the class files of the plazas to make it work?
    Is there a way to place buildings over sunken terrain/highway/railway without the base touching the ground?
    Thank you for your support.

Flow

2. kipate

kipate Governor

Impossible. You would need to have some kind of no-collision plaza, which exists. But then you would need to elevate the area below the plaza again without deleting the plaza, that does not work.

Well, you can use small/no-collision buildings, place them next to bridges above the highways, that usually works. To get the walls of a tunnel, you can use a tunnel piece of the XL convention center. But then it needs to be done in 45 degree angle. Someone made a tutorial for this once, but I did not find it again...
    Offices - Modular Convention Center

Here a photo by @Razox: look at the left tunnel:
    [​IMG]

3. Florian Grubert

Florian Grubert Unskilled Worker

Thank you for the great advice! It works fine. Which wall/road mod did you use for the grey wall textures of the roads and besides the roads? They look really cool? Thank you for the support!

Flow