1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Possible New Game: Cities Xxl?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AzemOcram, Nov 14, 2014.

1. RealCity

RealCity Executive

For hardcore builders like me, I just wish they could make the game smooth and compatible to CXL building mods, current map is actually large enough to build. It's just the ongoing slow down really a pain in the a$$.

2. pauliaxz

pauliaxz Mayor

I don't know why but I am a bit sceptical about this...
    Maybe it will be the same game as 2012 but including multi-core support.

I would like to see official announcement of this to believe 100% this game is work-in-progress

3. Stevo

Stevo Skilled Worker

We've had the same old game the last three times. 2011, 2012 and Platinum were basically just small upgrades of the original game. Time has passed and we've seen SimCity 2013 fail, and now with Cities Skylines looking good and The Architect Paris also looking promising, Cities XXL is going to have to be more than just another small upgrade to keep up.
    It also seems like a lot of work to recreate the game engine for multicore support. I don't see them going to all this trouble and only adding a few bigger maps and buildings. Especially when a large part of the City Building Community are still playing Simcity 4 and don't like CXL as it feels dead and sterile in their opinions. At least that's the feedback on the Cities Skylines Forum atm. Also the words "filled to the brim" with new features makes me a little excited, even though I'm sceptical of the whole situation. It just seems to good to be true.

4. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

Adding multicore support isn't a small upgrade. A lot of people would enjoy CXL more if it didn't lag so much and they are fixing that. As for The Architect, that looked good but all you do is upgrade buildings in Paris, hardly a city builder. Then there's SC4, or should that be SC Dependency. For every mod you download you need 5 dependencys for it to work. Cities:SL and CXL are the only two city builders worth playing, yet they are quite different games. C:SL seems to be a bit like SC4 just done much better. It looks a lot of fun. CXL is a realistic city builder that no other city builder can match.

HooHeeHaa and snick like this.
  5. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

All I really care about is the lag and crashes. Any other stuff is a bonus.

6. Kalrisian

Kalrisian Executive

I hope all past mods to run on Cities XXL

7. AzemOcram

AzemOcram Executive

I really hope that they get this release right so this community can continue to grow.

--Ocram

8. RealCity

RealCity Executive

It seems all mods are gonna run on CXL. cos. they are using exactly the same old fking engine, same old buildings, they haven't even improved the lighting system....Hope they can completely fix the lagging issue, otherwise it would just be a waste of money to purchase the new game.

9. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

If there is indeed multicore support and lag reduction, odds are it's a different engine or at the very least a substantially modified version of the current one.

Besides, we have 3 screenshots. Not much to go on. Hopefully they will show us more of the "new features" they hinted at soon.

Stevo likes this.
  10. HooHeeHaa

HooHeeHaa Skilled Worker

It would be too great an idea to add multicore support to cxxl. Bah....I've been suffering from lagging FPS for 3 years  :sleep:

11. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I hope that all our mods will work on the new version with out having to make changes to them all.

12. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

I hope for that, too Skullz.

13. Inan

Inan Governor

Multicore support, fixing the lags and memory leaks and many many other annoying bugs would be a reason for me to buy that Cities XXL. Actually i like the graphics, buildings and other stuff in the game as it is. Thanks to the modders this game is the best city builder on market, and with the pronounced improvements it gets a big growth of quality and community i think! I'm tuned!

Pamascus27 and The Funky Monk like this.
  14. Stevo

Stevo Skilled Worker

Yes! It's not much, but it's something. It looks very similar, which hints we may be able to use mods from the previous titles.

15. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

16. Helter_Skelter

Helter_Skelter Unskilled Worker

It's too early to get excited, from the first screenshot it looks like Platinum 2.

They are saying multi core is not the only feature and I will add of fu#*ing course is not the only one...

I agree with @The Funky Monk bigger maps and rail are the two MUST BE features than everything else is a plus, but it depends also on the release date, if it's far away, they must give us something more!

P.S. Well I bet Cities Skylines will listen even more to the community now as they are the only new city builder anymore!

17. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

Aren't the maps plenty big enough? I know Ocram mentioned CityLife has a skybox that made the environment seem bigger; that would be very neat, but I think anything bigger than what we have is kinda overkill for a single city, unless a regional system ala SC4 were to be followed.

Inan likes this.
  18. fredlangva

fredlangva Vagabond

They should give us here at XL nation beta test privileges. We'd wring it out good

19. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

Some XLN members have gotten those privileges. (y)

20. javadictator

javadictator Vagabond

Wow!!! I'm 99% sure will buy it if it will be available!!!
    My hopes (ordered by importance):
    1. Multicore and 64 bit Support
    2. Larger Maps
    3. Railroad and more public transport options.
    4. Much more maps.
    5. More realistic texture and curves.