1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Possible New Game: Cities Xxl?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AzemOcram, Nov 14, 2014.

1. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

My wishes for XXL:

Multicore and 64 bit support adressing lag issue (this single feature will make me buy the game)
    Compatibility with custom mods made by community
    A proper highway network (similar to RHM2 but with smoother curves and slopes, like the ingame roads system)
    A measuring system for bridges height.
    A favourites window where we can apply our most used items, instead of navigating all the time into the menus.
    A few more real maps
    Much more options for decorations like statues and fountains, both classis and modern/styles
    Improvements on camera options and angles
    Rail system
    Some modular options (harbor, warehouses, airport and malls)
    Maybe some custom plazas and seawalls
    Overwater and limitless options from scratch

Thrangar likes this.
  2. Stevo

Stevo Skilled Worker

I'd like the sounds changed. I'd like more realistic city sounds, instead of those car horns!

3. metrocity345

metrocity345 Elite

I agree. (y) That will add more realism to Cities XXL.

4. Artmaster

Artmaster Executive

I'm not really looking forward to another Cities XL game unless they have these priorities:

1. Listen to the players comments, concerns, and suggestions.
    2. Produce an absolute 'true sand box' mode in the game for building an entire city without a problem for pure building fun. (No populaton, no crime, no traffic, no problems, just building, etc...)
    3. Create a user friendly program that allows the modding of buildings and maps to be much more simplified without compromising the quality of buildings/maps.

If at least 2 and 3 were met, I'd pay 50 bucks, or more, right now.

My thoughts,
    Art

5. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

Multicore support and lag fixes might be the only reason why I'd buy this game but since this is a new game I'll be expecting than this.;)

6. metrocity345

metrocity345 Elite

I hope all the current mods will work on Cities XXL.

7. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

Also the backward compatibility for mods and even cities, too. That would be awesome because without all those mods,
    CXXL might still be crappy. :p

8. vallamir

vallamir Elite

I'm going to test Cities XXL in closed beta :)

snick and kipate like this.
  9. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

I heard FHI is e-mailing to certain known people here in XLN to beta test CXXL now. :)

10. Stevo

Stevo Skilled Worker

I'm jealous.

11. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

I hope you're allowed to say that under the NDA...?

12. MuxLee

MuxLee Executive

hes probably not gonna get paid for it so what can they do other than kick him off the beta testers

13. City Builder

City Builder Vagabond

I'll be interested to see how they actually implement "multicore" support and whether it makes any difference or it's just to appease the buzz word people that used to (not directed at XLnation or any members here) to post on some of the other forums about if the game doesn't have multicore support then it's never going to be good enough to deal with the large cities.

I seem to remember (but my brain is old and subject to fault) that FHI did come back saying something to the extent that either Multicore support was impossible or would not help, so it will be interesting to see what if anything their incorporation of multicore support actually does for the game. They left 2012 with enough bugs in it that I'm a bit leery to trust what they might do for Cities XL 2015 (err, I mean Cities XXL).

14. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

Well I guess they wouldn't have bothered adding multicore if it did not make a difference :)

15. kipate

kipate Governor

For one of the first times in my little stupid life I am really envying
    the people allowed to beta test CXXL...

16. Stevo

Stevo Skilled Worker

I don't think they would promise smooth frames per second no matter the size of your city if there wasn't at least a dramatic improvement in performance.
    I envy the beta testers too, and i hope they do a good job.

17. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

Multi-core support as well as improvements in reducing lag sounds enough for there to be significant improvements for huge cities.
    But of course there can be lag if your city is really immense or if your computer isn't good enough in specs for the game. And yes I also
    hope the beta testers the best of luck, and manage their best into finding bugs/issues in the game.(y)

18. Stevo

Stevo Skilled Worker

Does anyone know how long the time period was between beta testing and release for Cities XL Platinum? Or 2011, would be a better comparison, as platinum wasn't much of an upgrade.

19. MuxLee

MuxLee Executive

looking at the screenshots does nt seem to be big upgrade .... graphically it looks like the same game .

20. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

Well I feel like there isn't so much to change regarding graphics. But they sure added a skybox, which is a nice addition.