1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Possible New Game: Cities Xxl?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AzemOcram, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Stevo

Stevo Skilled Worker

Another new screenshot on facebook page. Seems to show some part of the new UI, maybe a marathon event or something.

2. Rene

Rene Executive

Yes I posted it in the new features thread. Anyhow I take a moment here to remind everyone that it was I who told the community early 2014 that there's a new CXL on it's way :)

3. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

And they didn't invite you to the beta test. :ROFLMAO:

Altiris likes this.
  4. Rene

Rene Executive

hand up who's in DDD

for cxl 2012 they had 2 beta testers, 0 for platinum. go figure ~

5. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

Hands up who knows what DDD is.......

6. Rene

Rene Executive

heh, anyway,,,

WE HAVE A RELEASE DATE

12 February 2015!

that's 4 weeks

7. Jasonr71

Jasonr71 Unskilled Worker

Hi Funky Monk dude,

This is awesome news about Cities XXL, I've just pre-purchased the game from steam! Have you heard any news or updates in regards to whether or not the previous Mods from Cities XL & XL Platinum will be compatible with Cities XXL?

Cheers ;)

The Funky Monk likes this.
  8. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

No previous mods are gonna work right away according to Altiris since we need a new UIM and modders will have to update their work as well. Many mods that change game play like the CLM, HEM, NEXL, etc will need revisions.

9. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

yep, that makes sense.
    Unfortunatly, in this scenario previous cities will also not work, because the game can't read the mods.
    I imagine active modders can update their work, as long as FHI make it easy enough. Some older mods tough, many which authors are not around anymore (and this includes Aitortilla's magic), will be a problem.

I really hope there's someway we can update those and i guess original authors wouldn't mind. I trust there's no copyright issues, since the authors have indeed released those mods into public domain without restrictions and they have worked based on game assets, which belongs to FHI.

Of course, one should credit them no matter what

I just hope it's possible to update previous mods and i guess many of us, including me, will be happy to work on that, once again if it's simple enough. Otherwise a full update of so many mods will be ready when FHI releases Cities XXLL

Thrangar likes this.
  10. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

Things are gonna be hectic for a bit, and I hope the community can exercise a little patience after XXL releases

11. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

the easiest way would be if fhi would include our custom tags in cxxl and adds the transparency shader....
    but we all know they wont do this, so lets hope for our masters and see what they can do :)

12. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

yep, i just hope Altiris can provide an alternative UIM with all the tags included. That would solve the problem and combine an improved engine with all the work from this community.

13. Thrangar

Thrangar Skilled Worker

I noticed he was not around, I was not either 1 month before old site was hacked.

So why/what happened to Aitortilla did he stop or ??

14. PaulJChris

PaulJChris Governor

He became somewhat burnt out I think having produced an amazing number of ever more complex and detailed mods over several years. Non modders sometimes fail to appreciate just how much time it takes to produce a quality mod and at the end of the day we all have real lives to live.

15. Thrangar

Thrangar Skilled Worker

OK I can totally understand that, was a bit fearfull something bad happened, and yes he did some fantastic mods, his textures were outstanding

16. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

Yep, and a lot of the original authors are no longer here so it will be a slow process for those on the community to fix those up.

17. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

Lets be honest there are mods that really should not be updated :) Some of the old stuff :)

18. Jasonr71

Jasonr71 Unskilled Worker

Thanks for the info Funky Monk!
    I totally agree with IcyHot's comment "There are mods that really shouldn't be updated"! Some of the older mods caused a lot of havoc with Cities XL Platinum and previous versions.

You never know, some of the modders that are no longer here could possibly return after the new version is released! ;)

19. msFiorentina

msFiorentina Executive

Then why is the official site linking mod examples like NEXL from xlnation?

http://www2.citiesxl.com/en/game-steam (examples-mod 2)

I think I can load my old city witht lots of mods in the new XXL and have a good time. Maybe some mods wont work like the way it is in cxl 2012-cxl 2009 but i have faith for the most.

20. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

^ probably because they just copied a few weblinks from the old site and have not updated them yet?

I doubt you willl be able to load current city maps/mods into the new game at first release. Though I could be wrong! we will see I guess.