1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Possible New Game: Cities Xxl?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AzemOcram, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Jasonr71

Jasonr71 Unskilled Worker

I've purchased many games off steam simply because it's like a free cloud service, where all your games you purchase from them are registered under your Steam profile, and you don't need to put in a Disc to play the game, or if you accidentally lose your data on hard drive, you can easily restore the game from your Steam profile library!

NOTE: The Funky Monk had raised a good point which I didn't think of at the time of purchasing the game off Steam, is whether or not they will force you to download mods from the Steam Workshop for the game, or if you can manually place mods in the game like the previous versions.
    When you install Steam, it creates a steam folder, and you can save this folder in any directory you like under the settings menu, under your profile in Steam! Inside this folder you go to, SteamApps, Common, and all your Steam games are in this directory.

I can't see why you wouldn't be able to put all the mods that you've downloaded from sites like xlnation.city directly into the Cities XXL folder/Mods folder (You may have to create a new folder and name it Mods).

2. Trolca

Trolca Executive

When I select Shop on the game site, I'm directed to the Steam site. It seems that the only way you can buy Cities XXL is from Steam.

3. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

All those guys on steam complaining about CXL and warning people about CXXL and probably simcity fanboys. I bet most of them have not seen the outcome of CXL when all the mods from here extend it into a wicked game.

kipate and The Funky Monk like this.
  4. zizaro

zizaro Unskilled Worker

Thank you all for your opinion on steam... however, I must say after reading all, that I still don't know if I'd rather purchase cities xxl on steam or in a classical way! I believe xlnation will be far more efficient than the steam communauty so no need of steam on that point... no doubt our great modders will still supply xlnation! But I've heard buying cities XXL as a DVD would probably not avoid creating an account on steam to install the game!!!
    Well, finally steam appears to be the best way to get CXXL.
    Thanks a lot to you all!

5. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

Some games if you buy on DVD you get a steam key so you can add it to your steam library. The game Banished did this. I purchased it from Shining Rock Software and added to steam later on. But I didn't have to. Hopefully this will be the same with CXXL.

6. zizaro

zizaro Unskilled Worker

Thanks... this is not the point in this thread but I'd like to know... what about Banished? The idea seems interesting no?

7. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

8. zizaro

zizaro Unskilled Worker

Thank you, it must be quite hard... I 'll have a look...

The Funky Monk likes this.
  9. Eastley

Eastley Skilled Worker

Seems this got delayed.

Steam was telling me 29/01/2015 Release, now it is showing 05/02/2015.

What a bummer.

10. Stevo

Stevo Skilled Worker

It seems it will be on dvd. It's now available for pre order on Australian site jbhifi for $49. Says its available 12.2.15.

11. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

I totally agree with you. Well said (y)

12. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

Well, i wOnt publish anything on steam cause i dont want to use steam at all :p
    but im sure there will be other ways as well :)

13. Artmaster

Artmaster Executive

Weird. I don't know whether to consider a good thing or a bad thing...let's hope it's a good thing!

14. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I suppose the date might get bumped up if they feel it's not ready for releasing

15. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

It's like just over a week away! I doubt they will change the date now, unless they find some bad bugs that still need fixing :)

16. Greygor

Greygor Vagabond

I didn't know people still bought physical copies :)

I think the last time I bought a physical copy was Rollercoaster Tycoon from Amazon back in 2005/2006 because Steam didn't have it at the time.

It appears I've fully bought into the digital distribution age even all the comics and books I get are digital.

17. Greygor

Greygor Vagabond

Strange thing is I'm convinced at the time I heard it was on Steam some people were already saying the release dat was 5th February even though Steam was saying 29th January. Maybe it was just a mix up that was corrected to the actual correct date.

18. MuxLee

MuxLee Executive

considering theres no gameplay video or press review , I think they could be 3 months away from release

kipate likes this.
  19. Jasonr71

Jasonr71 Unskilled Worker

I apologize, I saw the link on the official Cities XL website under the Store link, and assumed you could purchase it directly from them! When I purchased the the original Cities XL, even though it was available from Steam, I was able to purchase it directly from the official website!

20. Greygor

Greygor Vagabond

I suppose I was lucky with Cities XL, I was late on the boat and got my copy in a Humble Bundle. Of course that does mean that the Special Offer is a bargain for me :)