1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Railstation Nördlingen 1.2

A small rural railstation main-building and platform from Nördlingen, Germany

1. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

yeah i made this mod before xxl was released. its in a menu location that is not available in xxl.
    i found another version on my harddrive but cant remember what ive changed^^.. u can test it and tell me if its working, i dont have xxl...
    if not ill do a new one XLN_Mr.X2_NoerdlingenStation_specialPepinoVersion.patch

axel likes this.
  2. daochunhan

daochunhan Governor

sorry mr. x2,i want to know,if i create a seperate furniture abject,can i attached in the primary model?or i need to create it in the new scene?or i can create it with the primary model but donot attached them to one model in the same scene?i think i need to use two material ball,one is for the furniture model,one is for the primary model,and they use the same naming of material Ball. just the shaders are different,is that correct?

3. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

As far as I remember you can only export one model per scene. Mixing shaders does not work.
    They use different namings for their materials. See this guide: Tutorial - Cities XL Complete Technical Guide
    I did the following:
    1. create my main model and exported it
    2. cloned the .max file of the main model and created the furniture model inside that clone exactly in that place I wanted to have it at later
    3. deleted the main model and set the pivot of the furniture to 0,0.
    4. export the furniture
    5. create a layout file and set the furniture position to 0,0.

4. daochunhan

daochunhan Governor

ok,thank you,i see what i can do.

5. daochunhan

daochunhan Governor

sorry i want to know,the no.4 said export the furniture,do you mean export the furnitures format as sgbin file by the viewer?or export it as a base layout file by the cities xl layout file creator?and no.5 do you mean create a layout file and export the sence include the furniture?and set the position in the layout file by the edit with the notepad?or position it in the 3dmax sence?

6. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

4: yes, export your furniture as .sgbin by viewer
    5: create a layoutfile (or modify your existing one) and add your furniture.sgbin file to it

Kind of both; In 3ds max set the pivot point to 0,0; In the layout file set the position to 0,0. This way your furniture will automatically be in the correct position

7. daochunhan

daochunhan Governor

ok,thank you mr x2,but i want to know,how to add the furniture sgbin file to the layout file?

8. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

Point to your .class files in the .layout file like this:
    1.jpg

And point to your .sgbin file in the .class file like this:
    2.JPG

You can unpack my station and check out how it was done, it has some custom furniture in it.

Lokentaz likes this.
  9. daochunhan

daochunhan Governor

thank you mr x2

10. daochunhan

daochunhan Governor

sorry,mr x2,i make it and it work in the xl,but the furniture opacity map does not work in the xxl,it looks disappear but i can see the shadow.

11. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

yes, thats because xxl does not support this shader.
    There is no chance to get transparent things into xxl. (unless you create one)

12. daochunhan

daochunhan Governor

but i see someones mod can be transparent in the xxl.how can we do it?

13. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

The only active site for c(x)xl I know is this one here. And nobody here ever created a transparent shader for xxl, so that cant be true. Where did you see that?

14. daochunhan

daochunhan Governor

oh,i know no one creat one,but i see it in montys mod Residential - Monty's Condos #6 4K Spadina Ave + 25 Telegram Mews
    you can watch his residence mod in the xxl,it have the opacity glass for the Glass balcony furniture

15. kipate

kipate Governor

Wasn't it that Pepino once recreated such an effect by playing with some RGB values? :think:

16. lihang

lihang Vagabond

this is a good resource, thanks