1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Realistic Day/night Cycle Mod 1.2.2

More realistic day/night cycle and new reflection cubemaps.

1. Monty

Monty Governor

Monty submitted a new resource:

Realistic Day/Night Cycle Mod - More realistic day/night cycle and new reflection cubemaps.

Read more about this resource...

2. mrmnts

mrmnts Skilled Worker

Hello, is it possible to have this work in XXL? I downloaded it today but it chrashes the game at launching. It has to do with shaders /effects. I wanted to copy the error text but couldn't. It's such an amazing mod; with this there is no need for retouching in photo editing :cry: I was so wxcited about this mod when I saw it but I cannot use it :cry:

3. Monty

Monty Governor

This mod only works in XL. For cities XXL you have The Blue Hour mod in skyboxes section.

4. domengzu

domengzu Unskilled Worker

I have this mod working fine in my XXL. I even take snapshots to see the difference with and without this mod.

I also have the XXL's Blue Hour mod, which work fine.

5. mrmnts

mrmnts Skilled Worker

Yes, I know, I have the blue hour mod and it looks much better than the game's atmospheric display. Actually I usually have the blue hour on. But this one seems so much better :( The error message mentioned effects factory (???). Also had this same error message with a building (Torre espacio). Strange...

6. mrmnts

mrmnts Skilled Worker

@domengzu back to the rescue, hahaha :LOL:. Do you have the shader for modders installed? I have it but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Up to date UIM, community mods so I don't know what it is, but there is something you are doing right and I'm not to get that mod to work on XXL. Any ideas?

7. domengzu

For the first question, I did not have the shader for modders. I can't remember why I did not install this before. The shader pack for XL, is not intended for XXL according to the author.

I only have community mods, (UIM dont have and never be) And I do not know what I have done to make it work in my XXL and I don't have any idea for now. I am also confused with the author, that's why I posted that it worked in my XXL.:doh:
    :think:

8. Monty

Monty Governor

It may work if you remove the shader folder in it and repack it.

9. mrmnts

mrmnts Skilled Worker

OK, I know the shader folder for modders is meant for modders and not players, so that might be a reason. I don't remember now why I have that mod, maybe I downloaded it when I gave a try at modding. I'm going to remove from my mods folder and hope that doing that won't affect newer mods. It shouldn't right?

10. mrmnts

mrmnts Skilled Worker

I'm back. So... I have removed the shader folder from the mods folder and it doesn't make any difference. Anyway that folder had no business in the mods folder so that's been sorted. Beats me. I'm going to have to give up on it for now :( Thank you guys for your help.

11. domengzu

@mrmnts, last night as I tried this RDNC alone with the basic dependencies, community and furniture pack and it crashed my XXL, D3D compile error (Shader/#building.fx). But when I put back all of my mods, XXL worked fine. So I guess, (and it goes again like the monorail) some mods should go with this RDNC mod. After quite lot of testing, I found out that the "Blue Hour" makes this RDNC mod works.

Register or to view Spoiler content!

If this still wont work for you, I will release my list of mod in another thread. You may want to try those other mods, hopefully some other mods will counter effect your error in this mod.

mrmnts likes this.
  12. mrmnts

mrmnts Skilled Worker

@domengzu , yes that makes sense. Another one of Monty's mods crashed my game when I placed it so I checked and there was a patch that I was missing and that fixed the problem for that building. I was hoping that this patch would solve the problem with the RDNC mod as the error message was the same but it didn't. When I place the RDNC mod in my mods folder the game crashes when launching. Thanks a lot for your constant help

13. ronrn

ronrn Governor

Monty is correct.
    day_night mod.jpg

14. mrmnts

mrmnts Skilled Worker

:bash:I cannot do that anymore :cry:. I removed the folder (which was a rar file) deleted it completely (even from trash can). It's a different one from the depency mod I see now on the website. I guess it's been updated or something since I downloaded it.
    :( error message:
    File : <data/shader/#building.fx>
    Error: <IncHighlight.fx (9,31): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type

Thank you anyway everyone.

15. Monty

Monty Governor

The shader folder is inside the mod's patch file. You need to unpack it and remove the folder, then repack it as a patch file again.

16. ronrn

ronrn Governor

for the Cities XL PakUnpak tool:
    MEGA

17. domengzu

I didn't done that, but still it is working fine with my XXL. Like I said, just the Blue Hour solve my error. I dono why?

18. mrmnts

mrmnts Skilled Worker

Ok, I've unpacked it, placed it in my XXL decompressed files folder but I don't know how to open it. It doesn't seem to have folders inside of it. It's a .patch (file extension), it seems to be just one file. I don't know. Without further instructions I don't know how to proceed guys, I'm completely ignorant of computers beyond the basic ordinary user type of thing.

This is what I get. it doesn't seem right to me :b15:

キャプチャ.PNG

19. mrmnts

mrmnts Skilled Worker

Nope, I've had the blue hour for like forever and it never caused me any problems. It's not that I'm afraid...I think it is not related

20. mrmnts

mrmnts Skilled Worker

IGNORE THIS MESSAGE I WROTE. I couldn't delete it from the thread, sorry. I have finally managed to unpack and repack the mod and removed the shader folder as advised. The game works just fine! Yeah! :agnes3::dm9a:

Now, I have a question though... is there supposed to be a tag in the atmospheric display menu for this patch? I don't get anything. The blue hour has its tag but nothing for this one. Is that how it's supposed to be.

Also to say thanks a lot to all of you for being so patient with me and helping out :boww: