1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Restart Mod Of The Month?

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by PaulJChris, Aug 30, 2014.

1. cityguru

cityguru Unskilled Worker

I'd think its a really good idea. Since mod of the month started in old site , everybody makes mods.

2. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

Guys, any more discussions for the restarting of the Mod of the Month, which will be for the month of October?
    The Petronas Tower isn't a problem anymore since there is Gbojanic's industrial pack on the other hand.
    So that means that there will be some competition now.

3. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

It is in the works, a thread will be set up probably in the coming weeks.

October isn't over yet. ;)

kipate likes this.
  4. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

Ah I see, good to hear that Snick. (y)

5. veija2

veija2 Mayor

It would also make sense to vote in arrears. In October, we pick the September winner, etc. ...

6. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

That sounds like what we did in the Old XLN for those months that the Mod of the Month missed. I think thats a good idea.

7. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

Ok, id say lets go ahead and finally start this competition.
    I think someone (or me :p ) should post a thread with a poll where people can vote for one single mod, first released in october. or would it be better to include the updates as well? the poll should then be opened till the end of november. (so one month, except this time). or well start in november - means mod of november and start the poll at first of december :p
    hm.. anything else we should consider?
    a possible reward could be a ribbon below the members name or a banner/special title. Or maybe even a new "trophy-award"?
    we could or should do the same for a "map of the month" i think?

so lets hear your opinions about that and finally start this competition :)

8. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

I know it seems like we haven't been doing anything but we have been working on this for a while now. Mostly because of some problems with the poll feature. Please have some patience for another day or two - it should get started sometime this weekend, and we will probably be doing it the old-fashioned way.

Mr.X² likes this.
  9. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

Good to know we will be starting in some days. Old-fashioned way doesn't sound so bad. :)

10. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

Its about ready to go, I suggested it be mod of the Quarter with up to 20 entries with the community able to vote for up to 5, with the ultimate winner getting a nice award next to their name. I am currently finishing up the awards now. More will be added if other suggest them

Mr.X² likes this.
  11. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

Are we all ready to vote? Mod of the Month will be starting tonight!

kipate and gbojanic like this.
  12. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

At last we can enjoy this competition which had been inactive for a very long time! Thanks guys for restarting the Mod of the Month contest, looking forward for the final results. :D

13. pauliaxz

pauliaxz Mayor

I have an idea of improving awards of Mod of the Month. There should be gold, silver and bronze medal for the different months..
    I mean medal should somehow replicate month (e.g. December - some kind of number 12 or snow or santa hat or else) and be colored in gold, silver and bronze.

Mr.X² likes this.
  14. pauliaxz

pauliaxz Mayor

To add to previous post (no Edit button there):
    What if same member is awarded mod of the month several times so he/she will have several same looking medals. Golden, silver and bronze medals with exact month replication should be better IMO.

15. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

Provide me some examples since I am too lazy to create them myself. You do realize that if you click on any medal some one has received that it tells you exactly why they got it?

16. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

Not sure how the polls plugin works on this site, but I guess it would be up to someone/moderator to find all mods/maps created for that month and add them to a poll? Then voters vote. October poll seemed to work ok?

17. pauliaxz

pauliaxz Mayor

These are some basic examples, I am not an image editing pro:

GOLD MEDAL.png SILVER MEDAL.png BRONZE MEDAL.png

Of course it needs a lot of improvements and so on... But this is how my idea looks like.