1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Road Addon Mod (ram) 1.3

All-In One Road Mod

1. timofp

timofp Executive

Should be fixed now.

2. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

yep download is working via external site.
    Once again, thanks for your efforts. This is really a great addition to game.

I have tested 1.2 with dark grey texture and everything seems to be working fine.

I still have that bug though. It only happens with wide expressway custom (with the grey sidewalk) and only once upgraded to genius boulevard.

I can live with that, but i particulary like that road, especially with grey sidewalks. So if you can think of something that might be causing this, i'd appreciate your input.

I have these 2 roads in my paks folder. Can this be the reason?
    Pharmist_8_LANE_ROAD_v5.50
    Pharmist_6_LANE_ROAD_v3.50

There are some medieval and rural ones, but those i don't think would have any influence.

Nevertheless, great mod once again Timoft.

3. timofp

timofp Executive

It's something about a incompatibility on your side I think, I will do some more testing tomorrow. You can try to remove those two and try again. The medieval roads don't have an influence I think.

4. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

Largest file size you can upload is 100MB. The patch is up to 127MB now

5. chocolate_city

chocolate_city Executive

I'm not certain, from what I've read with the recently past replies, that I can now use this wonderful new resource with my old game saves... I'm not planning on any new cities and have a least 7 or 8 game saves that I'm currently working ... can I use version 1.2 with old gamesaves or no?? Thanks ... and you deserve 5 stars for you efforts.

6. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

Thanks Timoft. It still happens without those 2 roads in my game.
    But i don't want to bother you to much with this. I can live with it. Just won't use that road with grey sidewalks. Off course, if you can figure out something to solve this, it would be great.

7. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

I'm pretty sure you can, as long as it's US roads set. But Timoft can confirm that.
    By the way, i think there was some kind of tutorial explaining how to change roads setes from a saved game. Anyone knows about it?

8. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

Hi Timoft, i took some more tests on that bug. Only happens with wide expressway and once upgraded to genious boulevard. This is the behaviour i got:

black texture normal road (a diferent white sidewalk shows up:
    1black normal.jpg

black texture custom road (grey sidewalks). A gap appears:
    2black custom.jpg

dark grey texture normal road. works fine.
    3dark grey normal.jpg

Dark grey texture custom road (grey sidewalks). A gap appears. Some behaviour as black texture.
    4dark grey custom.jpg

So there's different behaviours with normal roads and the same with custom. Don't know if this helps.
    I did not have any problems with other roads so far and even the remaining upgrades for wide expressway are working fine.

9. Extablitz

Extablitz Unskilled Worker

thx for the hard work (y) will try it right away
    I play on low res, and my road upgrade menu is out of screen, hope this will fix it

10. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

Just one more thing Timoft. Roads doesn't seem to work overwater, but i guess they are supposed to, taking your description into account.

11. themp3dj

themp3dj Unskilled Worker

@timofp Thanks for all of the hard work on this...it had to be nightmarish at times but thanks for persevering...!

Not sure if I missed it somewhere but I do not see the TLA road options...depending on what mods I remove based on your list, existing roads in my cities disappear visually but can be upgraded by hovering over them and then making whatever upgrade choice is available...

Before I removed potential conflicts, the new road texture appears with a white diagonal line in the center...not a huge problem but loses the effect of a center turn lane...

Is this an oversight or simply no longer an option with the new mod....

Regardless, love what has been created because it not only offers numerous options but really cleans up some of the mess that has been there for months...

Cheers!

12. chocolate_city

chocolate_city Executive

I've tried your updated version of the mod with removing the files listed in "files to be removed section" and it works just fine.... Thanks for all your efforts... I'm so glad I didn't lose any of my saved cities....

13. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

Hi Timoft, about the overwater placement...i just found out that harbour xl road, which used to work fine, can no longer be placed overwater.
    Pharmist overwater roads and PJC's seawalls and esplanade roads still work. But none of the other roads accept overwater placement.
    I checked the class file for harbour road and the ground type is set to ANY. So why would this happen?

14. timofp

timofp Executive

If your resolution is less then 1920x1080 (Full HD), some items in the large avenue upgrade menu may still fall of screen, what's your resolution? It also depends on the interface size setting.

I tested it, and indeed, roads (even with the <GroundType>ANY</GroundType> tag don't work over water, I'm looking into it, never seen this behaviour, very strange.

Can you test me, if you remove my mod if the harbor road works over water again? Because The harbor mod is not included in my mod at all. So this means that my mod somehow makes other roads also not work over water. Very strange.

I removed the TLA options because the original 3D (SGBIN's) files of these roads are corrupted for the grey and black road textures. I wanted to play safe, so I didn't include them in this patch pack.

Extablitz likes this.
  15. timofp

timofp Executive

16. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

Hi Timoft. Harbour road would be overwater placable again without your mod. But i found a way around: we could place a 10m Pharmist overwater road and then upgrade it to harbour. That way it would work.

But i guess 1.3 will fix things. Going to try it and give you feed back soon.
    Once again, thanks for all the effort.

17. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

yep, roads are overwater placeable again, including harbour one.

18. Extablitz

Extablitz Unskilled Worker

I play on 1024x768
    thx thx, I never know if there is an option to make the interface smaller. I made it smaller and it can be seen now. thx so much :hug:

19. themp3dj

themp3dj Unskilled Worker

Thanks @timofp....I can appreciate making things work instead of prolonging issues and can live without the TLA's for now....keep up the great work...!

20. LaGuardia

LaGuardia Unskilled Worker

Hi Timofp,
    Mod works fine and is really great (thanks!!) But i canĀ“t find the Rural 4 lane Avenue (AVE-4-R) and the 6 lane one from the CWM mod wich i really loved! Are they not included or am i just too stupid to find them?