1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Martin Island Map, City Building Contest, Fall 2016

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by IcyHot, Jul 30, 2016.

1. kipate

kipate Governor

I can't wait to see with what you want to surprise us this time :)
    Where are the Images? :b26: :b32:

2. nicknick

nicknick Governor

Hahahahaha
    Let's finish it first. I want to be able to submit it and then release the beast :angel:

Last competition i was close to finishing it and was impossible, major flop there. . .this seems more doable.

But i can send you a private picture of the last concept. . . nothing to do with what's on the drawing table now though :))))

kipate likes this.
  3. kipate

kipate Governor

Of course, why not? Maybe someone else will find a way to use it :)
    I demolished some district of my city today, now I am rebuilding this part... hint: Calvi, Corsica ;)

BahadirB likes this.
  4. nicknick

nicknick Governor

Between long times of not participating in chat and forums, i can definitely see you have done leaps in your design. . . for the better of course.
    You still have the eye for detail but i can see now attention to bigger concepts, like urban density and all.

In real life terms, i 'd say port is normal but a bit on the large size regarding land reclaim, meaning the part built on sea. . . but i'd not change a thing. . . this competition seems easier since it's an island but the map is so so so good that makes it really complicated. Not an easy task.

5. BahadirB

BahadirB Governor

Thanks a lot! Well once they were Vikings, so as much as the castle was a huge revenue bringer it was also the treasure of the oversea spoils.

I can look up for some gates, that's good idea I appreciate:D

6. BahadirB

BahadirB Governor

@kipate, thank you as well. I tried my best to get a medieval European flavor.

And I suppose the buildings on the other side of the lake have still a very good view of the lake and castle, but I can pay some More attention to the orientation. No problem :)

kipate likes this.
  7. giorgoselsedai

giorgoselsedai Governor

Update with the most of the "british section" of the island been built. Some details, some blueprints and move on to the "spanish section". As actuall "St Martin" island is devided under the sovereign of two countries, i thought doing the same thing, with a british/spanish theme, in a dense, surreal, XXL aspect!!!
    Register or to view Spoiler content!

8. kipate

kipate Governor

So, actually, your city's Name was Eastport/ Puerto del Este?^^
    What's its currency? What will happen after the Brexit? Traffic jams all over?

BahadirB and giorgoselsedai like this.
  9. giorgoselsedai

giorgoselsedai Governor

Lets hope they wont kill each other till i finish the island...

kipate and selodinger like this.
  10. Kitsunebi

Kitsunebi Governor

Wow that's huge, giorgoselsedai! I guess the port area is that big, because they need to import lots of food and other stuff ^^

And well, I was asked (forced :D ) to show you folks something of my city on the Saint Martin Map.. although I still don't think to take part in the contest ;) However, this is the most rural part of my south-east Asian island "Tenang":

[​IMG]

Jotape, veija2, selodinger and 4 others like this.
  11. kipate

kipate Governor

With a bit of Photoshop, that image singe-handedly could put you into the top position for e.g. the best rural city :)

Kitsunebi likes this.
  12. Helio Lopes

Helio Lopes Unskilled Worker

[​IMG]

One more castle town :D

13. giorgoselsedai

giorgoselsedai Governor

Feels more like importing lots of "wallets", all kind of them.

14. nicknick

nicknick Governor

That's wonderful Helio Lopes. I see a little of Salzburg there :)

15. nicknick

nicknick Governor

WOW. wow, wow. . . lots of work there. What population are we talking about??
    For me game is all about new provoking ideas and this is wow. . . lots of challenges in there!

16. kipate

kipate Governor

Well, you're right about the size of the ferry/cruise terminal. The problem is, put simply, that there are no smaller harbour mods that would have the same effect, hence the port area got big quickly.

Okay, last large preview, I hope it satisfies your desires :p I have to say that I am very satisfied with the result so far.

Jotape, veija2, XOUSTE and 4 others like this.
  17. selodinger

selodinger Governor

I was kind of busy at the weekend, there was no work in the island until today. I started to built an another new town.

Jotape and kipate like this.
  18. selodinger

selodinger Governor

Hats off to you @kipate, this is awesome (y). Can you tell me where can I get those cranes at the docks? I was looking for them

19. kipate

kipate Governor

Hey, thank you, @selodinger :)
    I like your little castle island a lot, very good job with aligning the buildings to the curves, looks natural :)

Regarding the cranes, they were made by another member. I will ask the specific member whether he can post the cranes.
    If he does not reply in a week or so, I will share a link, okay?

Helio Lopes likes this.
  20. Clemech4

Clemech4 Ambasidor

I see a lot of people using Florence pack and making a medieval castle town, a good thing but the contest will be tight xD
    The result is very good kipate (y)

I'm sure your city/village is going to be very nice Kitsunebi.
    giorgoselsedai your city looks a little like Barcelona, impressive aerial picture. :p

Some pictures of my city :