1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please see the following thread for more information
    XLN's future is looking bad

Saint Martin Island Map, City Building Contest, Fall 2016

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by IcyHot, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Kitsunebi

Kitsunebi Governor

Geez all those cities are great!

@Clemech4 That looks really nice... very organic and pretty realistic :) although: in that first pic, there's this "burning" building in the center :D
    @kipate I love your city! The port area is bloody awesome ^^ also, the little castle has turned out great ;)
    @Helio Lopes Beautiful project! I hope you can show us some more... ;)

And finally, a little something from me. There are so many nice places on Bali which inspired me to create this tropical 5* Valley Retreat Hotel ^^

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. kipate

kipate Governor

So now we have a competition about who will build the best hotel on a hill, @Kitsunebi? :D

I love the amount of details that you included there.
    IT truly resembles the Viceroy Bali Hotel :)

3. giorgoselsedai

giorgoselsedai Governor

Current population : 824.322 humans

4. solo

solo Executive

These are all so good! very high quality work.

5. Clemech4

Clemech4 Ambasidor

The" burning building" is actually a barbecue of a medieval restaurant xD (perhaps i used too much smoke :D )
    Register or to view Spoiler content!

RedZone19, Jotape, selodinger and 3 others like this.
  6. selodinger

selodinger Governor

Seems there are so many customers over there, nice detailing :)

Clemech4 likes this.
  7. Helio Lopes

Helio Lopes Unskilled Worker

My Country Club

[​IMG]

8. Wibi

Wibi Elite

As a person that is currently living in Bali, this is awesome. If the hotel is mountainside, use more bamboo huts in rows should make it more realistic. I think Inan perfected the pool by the sea concept in the CJ Amanpour.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Inan's Amanpour and Bali's famous Rock Bar in Ayana Resorts.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

eric_jeppesen and Kitsunebi like this.
  9. kipate

kipate Governor

I am not sure whether the use of just more huts will make it more realistic. Also, given that Kits tried to resemble the Viceroy Bali Hotel, I would say that the low number of huts was a good choice :)

10. Kitsunebi

Kitsunebi Governor

Thanks Wibi for your suggestions. Well I can't put the bigger huts from the beach gem on land ^^ otherwise I would ;) and I didn't want to re-create the Viceroy, I just wanted a similar feel of the hotel and its surroundings... and I'm totally aware that Inan's hotels in Amanpour and Porto Nuevo are bloody awesome :D I don't think I could build stuff like that....

Besides: you live in Bali? NICE! :)

Wibi likes this.
  11. kipate

kipate Governor

Okay, one image maybe...
    [​IMG]

RedZone19, Jotape, selodinger and 6 others like this.
  12. BahadirB

BahadirB Governor

I have now two villages (or towns) established, haven't yet named the settlements though.

RedZone19, veija2, Jotape and 2 others like this.
  13. kipate

kipate Governor

I like the images, especially the chateauesque building. It has a lot of details to offer (y)
    However, I would recommend to change some parameters of the SweetFX Reshade Tool, to enhance the Nordic atmosphere. Once again, pay attention to the bridges' smoothness. And well, the same that you said about selodinger's airport holds for your own airport as well. It needs at lest one more stretch in between. And even then, those large airplanes will look strange. For instance, @nicknick will be able to give you some good advice in airport-building :)

Jotape and BahadirB like this.
  14. BahadirB

BahadirB Governor

Thanks a lot. Well I did the visual effects myself. I do not think that Monty's mod works with thr CXL. But I get your point.
    I am now postponing the major revision on the bridges until I am done with covering the entire island.

I am no good at building an airport as well. I might however try to stretch take off platform. Or get rid of those huge airplanes. :cautious:

Once again, thanks for the suggestions :)

kipate likes this.
  15. kipate

kipate Governor

Well, you know, I have become a maniac in building airports. I found some online documents by the FAA (USA-based authority) with all the standards for airports, like distance from center taxiway line to another taxiway line, depending on the airplane sizes for the largest airplane to access the airport.

I recommend you to not do it like that at first. Try using Google Earth images as references. Search for a small coastal airport and then see what you can do. For instance, Kalmar Airport is neat and small. Okay, it has only 150,000 passengers a year, and two runways, but you can adapt that to one runway and some larger apron.
    Kalmar Airport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BahadirB likes this.
  16. selodinger

selodinger Governor

@BahadirB these villages look awesome. Especially I liked the second village, great work (y). If I had a boat, I'd moor my boat on small port of that village :p:)
    You should check out the spoiler for better look of rural areas.

BahadirB and kipate like this.
  17. Jotape

Jotape Mayor

Hello all :)

Here is some pictures to show how my city is going. I'm trying to make a Portuguese Island... This Island is famous because of the fantastic quality of olive oil, wine, monuments and beaches.

I hope you liked my city :)

18. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Hi the guys
    You guys do a great job! :b16:

@Jotape I have a crush on your city!

Jotape and XOUSTE like this.
  19. XOUSTE

XOUSTE Ambasidor

Lately i have been busy working on my study in college so I don't have any free time to finish my project.
    Luckly October 1st is Chinese National Festival, maybe i would have time to complete CBD and some other areas nearby.

As you can see in this pic these's an in-game airport built on the top of the island,actually i wanna DIY one but the airport modules doesn't really works well with XXL .The reason why i decide to place CBD on peninsula is i want it to be different and a little bit futuristic.There would be more high-rises around CBD but all over the island^^
    When it comes to interchanges ,im totally a freshman.but im trying to improve my skill everytime i start to build one,for now i can only make the easiest one :p ,obviously thats not enough...

ok,this is all ,my completion report.:)

And i would like to hear you guys' suggestions;)
    levelscreen0030.jpg

20. Jotape

Jotape Mayor

Hello, thanks a lot :) Thanks you very much for making fantastic mods (y)