1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Show us your Airport areas ..

Discussion in 'City Photos' started by APXHTEKTON, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Xunicron12

Xunicron12 Vagabond

Hey here's my first attempt at a modular Airport cxl_screenshot_unicron_24.jpg cxl_screenshot_unicron_26.jpg cxl_screenshot_unicron_27.jpg cxl_screenshot_unicron_24.jpg cxl_screenshot_unicron_26.jpg cxl_screenshot_unicron_27.jpg cxl_screenshot_unicron_41.jpg cxl_screenshot_unicron_42.jpg cxl_screenshot_unicron_84.jpg cxl_screenshot_unicron_85.jpg cxl_screenshot_unicron_169.jpg

2. Alfirdausi

Alfirdausi Skilled Worker

Woow..I just wish I am a billionaire and build my own airport..ha, ha dream on. This is the closest I can fulfill the dream. The airports here are all very inspiring especially the blimp port, can't wait to finish mine. Definitely will be posted here soon.

3. kipate

kipate Governor

Hahaha @heonetsung !! You are right, I remember that one of the few finished
    modular airports I made did have only one runway with approx 3.5 Kilometers of length,
    but with all the aligning buildings and apron areas it was about 7 to 8 square kilometers...

@raymaster , nice airport, really outstanding work!
    But in my opinion, you wasted a lots of possible space for more small
    or medium aprons. Or do you plan an expansion? :p

4. yandzz

yandzz Skilled Worker

THis is the airport from my city journal Tachouda, i was inspired by the Brussels airport
    gamescreen0032.jpg gamescreen0033.jpg gamescreen0034.jpg gamescreen0035.jpg gamescreen0032.jpg gamescreen0034.jpg gamescreen0035.jpg

5. yandzz

yandzz Skilled Worker

This one is from my first city Flaty Town gamescreen0002 (1).jpg gamescreen0002.jpg gamescreen0019.jpg gamescreen0051.jpg gamescreen0052.jpg gamescreen0053.jpg gamescreen0055.jpg gamescreen0001.jpg

forzasvw, Ammar Shaker, Wibi and 7 others like this.
  6. kipate

kipate Governor

@yandzz , your airport looks absolutely fantastic, but I still think, that for the sake of realism
    you could leave those areas behind the runways empty, especially those trees,
    that is unrealistic in my opinion. But as said, that is just one very minor point :)

7. Pepino

Pepino Mayor

have to agree, @yandzz , your airports are fantastic, and I love that they have a certain "flow", especially Tachouda with the highway around, very harmonic. Just get careful with the trees for the sake of realism ;-)

8. Pepino

Pepino Mayor

Job very well done. Looks very realistic! The only thing I would be more careful about are the runways parallel to the map edge - that's a disaster waiting to happen when the plane cannot stop and hits the airport buildings. You can consider moving the two runways to the bank of the river, which would be a much better spot ;-)

9. raymaster

raymaster Executive

@ kipate, maybe will have expansion..i just have to look at the map of Hamad International Airport...xD

10. raymaster

raymaster Executive

try to build airport of smaller scale, if youd like to follow real life airport designs...May I Suggest you try to build Kuala Lumpur International Airport? Malaysia airport...im from MAS xD :D

11. Alfirdausi

Alfirdausi Skilled Worker

Wow..I must say that you guys are great airport builders. All nearly realistic except one major item missing, that is the apron flood light. I have been trying to build the light in 3dmax but I am so freaking bad in 3d software so didn't finish it. If anyone here pity us airport builder please create one. It can be use as stadium light as well.

Wibi and raymaster like this.
  12. raymaster

raymaster Executive

i have a suggestion for you..try build Kuala Lumpur International Airport...its not quite hard..just follow kipate's advice and voila!!

13. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

or at least double.

raymaster and kipate like this.
  14. raymaster

raymaster Executive

did u see mine?

15. heonetsung

heonetsung Executive

Well, during the weekend, this is what I got with what I have so far on CXXL.... No free camera mod nor the flexible placement mod. The RHM is so hard to build....
    Pity I only found Boeing aircrafts. Where are the Airbus families?
    cxl_screenshot_sss_0.jpg cxl_screenshot_sss_1.jpg cxl_screenshot_sss_2.jpg cxl_screenshot_sss_3.jpg

Miguel, raymaster and kipate like this.
  16. raymaster

raymaster Executive

try the cargo planes volumes mod...the mod has MD-11's and Boeing 777F's ....not sure if they work on XXL...i dont have that game yet xD

17. heonetsung

heonetsung Executive

Got it. Will try. Thanks man!

18. raymaster

raymaster Executive

you're welcome!! check out mine :D and tell me what you think. right now i'm planning a second terminal as part of my airport expansion project ;D

19. raymaster

raymaster Executive

20. Steven H. Endermann

I would love to participate, but I do not have much time for playing CXL. When does this challenge end?

raymaster likes this.