1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Skullz's Projects And Betas

Discussion in 'Projects' started by skullz613, Aug 30, 2014.

1. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Finally I got so annoyed today by the pole in the middle of the plants in Lex's Total Greenery Mod that I replaced it.
    It disappears OK in the bigger plants/trees but shows badly in the smaller plants of the mod..

What I used is Drazic's coke can file (people_drazic02.sgbin) to replace the yellow and black ski pole.
    Feel free to try it but you will have to be extra careful placing plants/trees as it will be a nightmare to delete a wrongly placed one.

XLN_skullz613_Lexs_Total_Greenery_Mod_V1.4.patch
    MEGA

You can only just about see the coke can in the center of the smaller plants.

cxl_screenshot_testpatches_5.jpg

Mr. Sky and kipate like this.
  2. kipate

kipate Governor

Hey @skullz613 ! Awesome addition! I wished you had done this before I had placed my little Chinese Garden :D
    What I would like to know was whether it was possible to add an upgrade function, such that you can switch from plants with the stick to plants without the stick. This would make it easier to delete wrongly placed items

3. ronrn

ronrn Governor

I'm confused.:confused:
    Are you using the latest "Lexs_Total_Greenery_Mod_V1.3" ?
    Monty updated this mod here:
    Lexs Total Greenery Mod (#8)
    It relocates the menu location to "decorations/trees", where it shoud be.
    It also removes the pole, no can either, and the trees are very easy to accurately place and "click/delete".

4. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah it's the old 1.3. I will have to check out the newer one Monty did. I'm still using XlL 2012 even though I have XXL, because a lot of old mods I use don't work in XXL.

EDIT: Just looked at what he did.. He's just made a fix for the existing patch file and did not update the actual mod. I must of missed the discussion as I can't remember seeing it before.

5. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

You could always switch between the two patch files by swapping them out. The poles will change to the can.
    I will have to check out the one monty did and see what changes he made to it.

6. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Drazic smoothed the normal roads but as I use Trolcas Bare roads a lot, I thought I would add the line he used to the Bare Roads patch.
    Called it BETA as I'm not 100% all roads are OK. I have only tested a few.

Trolca_skl_Roads_1.1[BETA]
    MEGA

veija2 and kipate like this.
  7. OmniBLACK

OmniBLACK Elite

Vegetation Yum

8. veija2

veija2 Mayor

Hey Skullz, do you know if the bare roads patch works in XXL?

9. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I think it does. I'm not 100% though as I have not used XXL for a while. Still have not reinstalled it after I formatted my PC. I might actually install it on my laptop as the graphics are better on it.

10. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I did try the one Monty did but found it was a little slow during placing. The other issue is when placing smaller plants. They can end up stacked on top of each other if placed to close to each other. This is a pain as I tend to group a lot of bushes and flowers.

11. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Just been mucking around again with Drazics added line to smooth out roads.

I added it to the class files of Secpols Small Pedestrian Paths which can be found here.
    Transportation - Small Pedestrian Paths

I use these a lot when making hills or filling in large areas with plazas. I was talking to Kurtis earlier about filling in large plazas a he mentioned he used bridges before the smooth roads. Hopefully these adjusted paths will be just as useful.

I created this with ease a few minutes ago. Creating hills should be a breeze.
    cxl_screenshot_testpatches_9.jpg

See the attached patch file XLN_sp_skl_pedpath_t1_BETA.patch
    If you use it don't forget to remove the original file called XLN_sp_pedpath_t1.patch from where ever you put it in your PAKS folder.

Attached Files:

Kurtis Edwards and ronrn like this.
  12. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I have been mucking around with making plants smaller so I can create better looking garden areas that look more realistic.
    This is at BETA stage and I will most likely make a few adjustments to some of the plants and also icons.
    cxl_screenshot_portlich_96.jpg
    MENU
    Small Plants Menu.jpg

List of plants

Aloe Vera
    Cattail
    Creeping Juniper
    Elephant Ear
    Forsythia
    Goldfinger Banana
    Jungle Brush
    Red Yucca
    Cholla Cactus
    Saguaro Cactus
    False Spirea
    Orange Flowers
    Photinia
    Pink Flowers
    Red Flowers
    White Flowers
    Yellow Flowers

I have also adjusted the can I used from Drazics mod so its green and not red. It hide OK in the plants.

Download Small Plants from Mega

MEGA

I have also made a patch based on the smaller trees I did earlier this year. It now has 56 trees in it. All have been reduced in size to look more realistic. I will release this in the resource area soon as I'm happy with it and don't think I need to adjust it anymore.
    -----------------------------------

See the following links for the final versions of the small plants.

XL
    Ploppables - Small Plants

XXL
    Ploppables - Small Plants- XXL

Remove the BETA first before adding the ones from the resource area.

Myname, Pepino and kipate like this.
  13. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I thought I had posted a patch where I have made the bushes from Lex's Total greenery mod a bit smaller. I will ether post it here in my projects thread or release it as I have been using it for a while and its OK.

Monty, kipate and Kurtis Edwards like this.
  14. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Was planning on posting those bushes today but had to go out a few times. What I have is a patch that I had made for the last competition where the bushes are all similar sizes. This was so I could use them as hedgerows and keep the same height.
    I then decided to go further and create another patch with the bushes at a smaller size. While I was doing this I thought it would be good to incorporate the same bushes again into the patch but at an even smaller size so they match the small plants patch.
    I have the XL versions sorted and will push forward tomorrow with the XXL ones. ts only the heights that will probably need adjusting then its all good to go.

kipate likes this.
  15. Kurtis Edwards

Skulls, take your time.. You've been busy lately with mods.. not need to rush.

16. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Its all good. Never have much else to do. I'm trying to get myself motivated as I have been away from map making for a while. I need to get back into the spirit of modding so I can learn the new map tool for XXL.

Kurtis Edwards likes this.
  17. Kurtis Edwards

I gotcha. To be honest, I would have used Miami for my current map if it was built with the map tool for XXL. I can only imagine how awesome your maps will be through that. In my opinion, I find them to be superior. I only play with those maps now. I'm just a builder and supporter of XXL, though, I might sound like I am taking the process for granted.. sorry, if it looks like that. I honestly don't know the first thing about modding for XL, but I can build real pretty and realistic stuff! hehe

18. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I've been wanting to use the map tool properly ever since I got to beta test the first one but life's problems got in the way and I never had the time to really learn it. There have been a few members asking about the Google overlay on the new XXL maps so that is pushing me to get my butt into gear a learn it LOL. I will still however, be making maps the old way for a while. I think that modders shouldn't stop supporting the older versions of the game, as there's still plenty of players out there who still prefer them. I still use XL2012 and prefer it still even though XXL has better eye candy skies. Plus I use some really old french mods that most likely will crash XXL.
    My copy of XXL only gets used to test the odd map or mod I make at the moment. I have not had the patience to go through and test all the older mods I use in XL2012 yet.

19. Kurtis Edwards

I'm happy the community is still thriving and agree with continuing to mod for it. Most of my in-game mods are probably from XL anyway. hehe. The maps from the map editor for XXL are just so spectacular looking to me. And not deleting trees.. oh my, that is so nice, so nice. I might us XL maps more if they just came bare. I place all my greenery with plazas or individual already. Again, I don't know anything about making maps for this game, so take my ranting as a grain of salt. Put me in front of ArcMap and I can make you GIS maps till the cows come home though. hehe Last reply for now.. I gotta get working on an essay about African aid (economics) development.. eeck! There's a completely underrepresented area for CitiesXL/XXL maps though...

skullz613 likes this.
  20. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Unfortunately we have no control over the trees in the older map maker :(

kipate likes this.