1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

CXL Platinum Steam - Startup

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by ElitezXLNation, Sep 4, 2014.

1. KevinTheCynic

KevinTheCynic Executive

Man this is getting weirder and weirder. There's got to be something wrong at a deeper level like a corrupted download or even the registry perhaps?
    Not that I'm advising playing around with the registry but it might be worth checking out.

2. ElitezXLNation

ElitezXLNation Unskilled Worker

Yeah something is weird here. I honestly have no clue on what it could be at this point.

3. ElitezXLNation

I'm going to try something called Revo Uninstaller Pro to completely uninstall Steam and Cities XL. Hopefully this works, if not, well then I won't be surprised.

4. ElitezXLNation

I now know the problem. The problem is one of my cities, but whenever when I delete the cities they just reappear. This happens if I clear out the folder and reinstall, or if I just delete them. I don't know how to fix this, but I'm getting closer to the solving of this problem.

5. Skater27

Skater27 Executive

Are those file there?

Are you playing offline or live?

6. ElitezXLNation

Yeah those files are there, but I don't know how to play offline or live, or the difference, so I don't know if I'm playing offline or live.

7. Skater27

Skater27 Executive

The first time you start after a boot a little window pops up and asks if you want to start live or offline.
    It leaves two Steam*.exe programs running in the background.

8. ElitezXLNation

I've never seen that window before. Hmmm

9. ElitezXLNation

Do you know how to completely remove a city?

10. ElitezXLNation

Still don't get any window that asks to play live or offline. I've tried it with Steam offline, though.

11. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

@Skater: Are you talking about steam or CXL? I've never seen that window either.

@Elitez: You can delete a city by selecting it in planet view and clicking the trash icon (You'll be prompted to re-type the city's name as a confirmation), or, you can delete its folder in the savegame folder (C:\Users\*YourUsername*\AppData\Local\Focus Home Interactive\Cities XL Platinum\live\offline\solo).

12. ElitezXLNation

The thing is, I can't load the game, and whenever I delete the city in the folder it just reappears.

13. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

That's weird... :confused:

Do you have any other cities you want to save? I might suggest deleting the whole appdata folder again, but in this situation I'm not sure if that would help in all honesty.

14. ElitezXLNation

I don't care about saving my cities, I just want to play the game again :(