1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please see the following thread for more information
    XLN's future is looking bad

The Inlet, City Building Contest

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by IcyHot, Jan 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. mrmnts

mrmnts Skilled Worker

@RedZone19 Wow! Amazing how your city looks so far. It's gorgeous!

2. Clemech4

Clemech4 Ambasidor

I'll try with a futuristic city for the contest, it's only the beginning of the city but I think i can have 10 pictures :)
    cxl_screenshot_hazahaa trost_12.jpg

3. Kurtis Edwards

I am in love with the top picture showing your wonderful Turkish style in this game. However, I do not like all the terracing you are doing in the second picture, you can clearly see some of the fountains raised above the land. But it might just be one of those 'end result' things that are best in a finished picture. Top props!

4. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I also love that first image. So much it's currently my desktop wallpaper :)

Kurtis Edwards likes this.
  5. SeptianAjie

SeptianAjie Executive

My city
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. RedZone19

RedZone19 Mayor

@Wibi Yeah, heavily inspired by Istanbul, and a little bit of Tehran and Monte Carlo. Glad to hear you like the bridge, that took me some time really.

@Kurtis Edwards Yeah thx for reminding me, I've noticed the inconsistency there too, but terracing is really a pain in the arse in this game. Whenever I'm trying to place a prop on an uneven land, the terrain itself would 'switch' for whatever reason, for now the best solution I can come up with is using small pedestrian paths as what I called the 'stabilizers', they really worked on stopping the terrain switching itself. I'll see if I can fix that fountain later.

@skullz613 I'm glad to know you like it, maybe I'll send you a megascreenshot? :love:

Wibi likes this.
  7. Pepino

Pepino Mayor

Hey @Kurtis Edwards , hope you're making some progress and we'll see your submission too!

8. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

The contest announcement beautiful city!
    Congratulations to all!

9. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

That would be awesome. Maybe when you have done more to it? Otherwise just the one you have done would do :)

10. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Going mad trying to do more to my city. Not to happy with some of the layout but it's to late to make major changes.
    cxl_screenshot_dreamland_227.jpg

11. Pepino

Pepino Mayor

Hey there, I really like the feel of it and would suggest a bit more attention to the bridges - they are often landmarks of the newer cities and I can see three very simple ones. May be you can use some more interesting and go for a more natural curve. ;)

12. XOUSTE

XOUSTE Ambasidor

This game crashed over and over and over and over+∞ again......:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

cxl_screenshot_maldek city_45.jpg

Wibi likes this.
  13. Kurtis Edwards

Oh no! Bummer! I think you are pushing the map too much. You've edited and edited in so much detail. As much as I love realism, I do always build with my computers ability in mind too. It is why I think all out realism is impossible in this game.

What you have done so far is awesome, though. I can imagine a really stellar finished product.

XOUSTE likes this.
  14. Kurtis Edwards

The bridge coming out of DT by the blue tower (appears to be the tallest) would get my vote for an upgrade.

15. Wibi

Wibi Elite

My game completely crashed on me today aswell. File became corrupt and game crashed everytime I try to log in to that city, but thank god for Solutions to crash games and getting your city BACK! - CITIES XXL. Stupid autosave error.

Managed to retrieve my city, but was so close to breaking down and eating McDonalds to put my misery away.

P.s. City lookin' dreamy, 2 weeks to go!

16. XOUSTE

XOUSTE Ambasidor

but it crashed when i was already load in the city ,and every time i wanna change the angle of the view it suddenly freeze and turn to my desktop.
    i was totally f*cked up ... and thinking about giving up.

17. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Your right. Those simple ones do look a bit boring. I will see if I can change them today time pending.

18. Clemech4

Clemech4 Ambasidor

I've got this problem too, and my city isn't big at all, yesterday it crashed like 10 times :( very boring

19. RedZone19

RedZone19 Mayor

Can't tell the technicalities involved but try to avoid excessive zooming in/out with the in-game camera, that worked for me in preventing crashes.

20. XOUSTE

XOUSTE Ambasidor

this is exactly what id been doing...