1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

What Do You Hope For In Cities Xxl?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Radiant Dawn, Jan 6, 2015.

1. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

I hope that people can keep their hopes realistic. I also hope that FHI isn't accidentally misleading people with some of the statements/descriptions they've been writing.

Those are pretty much my hopes right now, for the community.

Nogerivan and Mr.X² like this.
  2. Stevo

Stevo Skilled Worker

I just watched the CXL 2012 trailer. I hadn't seen it before. It's very similar to the CXXL Life in the city trailer. I'm starting to become very concerned. Also, still no gameplay footage. How hard can it be?

There's a screenshot of the new UI in the Twitter and Facebook comments section. Looks similar to the old one.

3. Fisher92

Fisher92 Executive

[​IMG]

4. Trolca

Trolca Executive

I'm concerned that the reason they're not showing off the new features of the game is because there isn't any, at least not visual ones. I don't understand them not promoting the changes to the game before the launch.

I'm convinced that passenger and freight rail services will not be included, otherwise it would be a key part of the game promotion.

Thrangar likes this.
  5. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

I believe FHI have already said what is new on their facebook pages and new xxl site.

6. JMCD

JMCD Vagabond

This is my hope too, but so far it doesn't seem like they've shown much work. Let's hope it's their marketing that sucks and development.

7. Rene

Rene Executive

Well there will be 5 new maps and a bunch of gimmicks with multicore engine and renewed GUI.

The rail, does it ever appear in this game with a feature or a enhanced mod - it's not much to change the game and gameplay. Unfortunately CXL is played to the boredom for many people.

FHI has sold CXL some 3 million copies, they isn't much target group to sell on, so it will be added in packs. A plus 1 game that they (FHI) never really fixed.

Surely I will get the new game and play it around but there is also Skylines - which I think will be the new focus also on this site. But we wont forgot CXL, hence mods will be made compatible for CXXL.

8. Thrangar

Thrangar Skilled Worker

well at this point I don't think I expect anything different, accept maybe multy core support and that just supposedly gives me smoother play at larger populated cities, which to me was a rare problem anyway, I don't even know what "bigger" used by them even means....bigger cities(pop) since nicko confirmed same size maps, So I have no hopes or anticipation for this release
    Basically purchasing the next release depends on what most of the members here do, if modding migrates to new release then I will go with new release, if we find out that moneys made from new release will bring rail dlcs then I will purchase, but as right now I have realy no incentive to purchase it

9. Fisher92

Fisher92 Executive

They just announced that thirty Monty's mods will be avaivable at the game's release. Which is kinda dissapointing...I'd be glad if they ask modders to make something new for XXL, but using old mods that community already have for so long?

10. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

so you would rather play cxxl without any mods?

11. PlayTime

PlayTime Unskilled Worker

Well in this game Wich looks the same graphically I realy don't mind as long as is multicore suport and it MUST not lag I always wanted to make a big city map no lags !

12. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

Actually the fact that existing mods can be updated for Cities XXL is fantastic.

Rene likes this.
  13. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

Well, despite the cons that have been mentioned here thus far; one thing's for sure; there are definitely also some pros such as more realistic skies and smoother game play, and with the 50% discount they're offering via Steam to pre-existing CXL/CXL Platinum users who are willing to pre-purchase the simulator game, I'd say it's worth it. I mean, why not upgrade to something better even if there are only a few things that have improved? Better some things than none. And I'll be satisfied that I won't have to always Photoshop in the skies like I always had to with CXL, esp since the results of using such an annoying method wasn't always 100% promising, at least not for me. For instance, I being conscientious of the position of the sun in the sky image I'd use for my pics as compared to which direction the light source was derived from in the game wasn't very easy. That whole thing got often got kinda annoying. And hey, with all the load of technical issues I was used to encountering with CXL Platinum on a regular basis, I'll be satisfied if they're resolved as the announcements imply that they will be. To ensure smoother game play sounds promising enough, so I know I'm gonna go for it. I don't see why not. I already pre-purchased my copy and it only cost me a mere $20. Not that bad at all. It seems worth it to me.

14. Stevo

Stevo Skilled Worker

Well I was very excited about this game. But I'm becoming increasingly worried. The skies are the only thing FHI have shown us. They have refused to answer questions about the games engine and seem very reluctant to release a gameplay video or give advanced copies to gaming websites like IGN for previews. The have listed all the new features on their website, like the new user interface, but fail to show us any of them. Everyone's in the dark about this game. I don't have huge expectations, but I would like to see a bit more before I buy it.

15. Thrangar

Thrangar Skilled Worker

Hmmm , so if thirty old mods are released for this does that mean with the pictures of new gui, that we will not need a new uim to continue modding?

16. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

There will be a new community patch that will add a custom User interface.

17. Marcos Silveira

Marcos Silveira Vagabond

Sorry but what I really can´t get about this "new" game is that we still haven't a single gameplay video!! The game will be released next week and nor even a gameplay?!?!? Isn't there anything new to this game to be shown??? The lack of a gameplay video sounds strange for me, sorry again!!

18. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

Can't see how it matters if there is a gameplay video or not. Before the internet I just went to the store and looked at the box. If it looked good I'd buy it.

Now people want reviews, pictures, videos and to know every minor detail about a game. If you like CXL you'll like CXXL.

PlayTime, veija2 and nicko2u like this.
  19. Stevo

Stevo Skilled Worker

I guess people just don't trust FHI.

20. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

It's their baby - should of been done long time ago we alll acknowledge that. Important thing is we see progress.
    As I say llike it or lump it, or get over it :)