1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Xxl Mods Compatibility List 2015-02-07

Cities XXL

1. mbeckers

mbeckers Vagabond

Is it possible to put link to the working mod files, i can't find a lot of these files.

2. Puss in boots

Puss in boots Executive

The use this names because most people already have all the downloads for xl on there pc and need to use this names

3. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

yes actually a negative list, means a list of mods which dont work in xxl, would be easier :p
    that would also simplify to only update the mods which dont work :)

4. gecko001

gecko001 Skilled Worker

the "leisure_enhance_mod.patch" seems to work for me

5. gecko001

gecko001 Skilled Worker

FWIW, I tried both the "RN_retail_demand_booster_x20.patch" and the "...x60.patch". neither one crashes the game, but then again, neither one seems to increase retail demand. so, i'd judge this patch to be broken (i.e. not working correctly)in CXXL.

6. gecko001

gecko001 Skilled Worker

After further testing of the retail_demand_booster, I am going to have to retract my previous statement: these patches do seem to increase demand. Sorry for the previous post on this. Obviously, someone else should test the retail_demand_booster patch, to double-check me. I wish I knew an objective way to test it, like if there is a number changed in the files that make up a city.

7. ovarz

ovarz Governor

transjakarta bus skin and jakarta commuter line train skin works fine in cxxl

8. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah they do but for some reason they caused XXL to slow down a bit. It might just be my PC though.

9. Costanza

Costanza Skilled Worker

To my delight, the Flexible Placement Mod seems to work fine (zzzzzz_Timofp_Flexibility_Mod_v1.0). Several of these building however give me an error message and crashes the game when I try to place them :(

10. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

XLN_elsedai_ModularNuclearPowerPlant_v1.0

Some of the buildings can be placed but they were not generating any electricity. I placed a cooling tower and XXL put a huge placeholder on top of it and crashed. I tried getting a screenshot but it failed.

11. marros

marros Unskilled Worker

ou see it's a very useful work, but it would be good to each author placed the Incompatibility file if it exists, so that the work they are doing would not be so tedious, besides who can better understand the problems of incompatibility is my author

12. IVAN_SHITIKOV

IVAN_SHITIKOV Vagabond

13. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

I've run into a problem.

I installed most of the mods on this list and yet the game is now crashing on me. What could be the problem?

Here's the log if anyone's willing to help:
    Register or to view Spoiler content!

14. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Not all the mods in this list are compatible. Some show in the menu but when placed will crash the game. Some can be placed but when you zoom in on them they will cause a crash. If the MSCUSTOM tag is not found then there is a mod in the list that is in a old menu location that does not exist in the new menu.
    Take all the mods out that you have added from this list, then test them one by one if you want to find the ones causing the error.

Radiant Dawn likes this.
  15. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

Well then this list is useless.

From the log, is it possible you can determine which mod(s) are causing the crash so I can remove them and solve my problem please?

16. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

17. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

This list was a good idea but some of the mods have not been 100% tested. Just because they show in the menu does not mean they will work.

18. ode1299

ode1299 Executive

19. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

XLN_EI_MallParking_1.1.patch

Shows in the menu but crashes XXL when placed. I have asked the author if he will update them.

20. Guillem

Guillem Skilled Worker

Given the sheer amount of mods that are compatible, an easier thing would be to list the mods that are not compatible. Thanks for the effort. Now I only need to sort this out! xD

Mr.X² likes this.