1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

XXL Realistic Highway Mod 2 2.5

XLN_XXL_RHM2_pitty_xlnation_staff-v2.5

1. Kurtis Edwards

That's not true with the RHM. You have 45/linear/curved options. You can also place buildings on a freeway lane with the RHM. They default as curved but all you have to do it select what directional alignment you want. Furthermore, with platnium, a lot of people would solely use the RHM lanes in their city to make a more continuous looking grid.

2. ronrn

ronrn Governor

You're absolutely right. My only excuse... I had not had my morning coffee yet.

3. Kurtis Edwards

mmm... coffee.

4. paniconi

paniconi Vagabond

Hi,
    I dont know where i must copy the "file.patch" on my HDD.
    Thank you for help.

5. Kurtis Edwards

c:/steam/steamapps/common/citiesxxl/pak/mod

6. paniconi

paniconi Vagabond

Ok, Thanks !!!!
    :)

7. Kurtis Edwards

I mean, I am not sure what HDD is but thats where you put XXL mods. : ) It took me forever to figure it out, two minutes after I did I clicked on a forum here that told me. LMAO

8. paniconi

paniconi Vagabond

Thank you Kurtis.
    I have the following problem.
    When i put the mod in:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Cities XXL\Paks\mod, the video game dosen't start.

When i put the mod in:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Cities XXL\pak\mod, the mod is not available in the video game.

Thank you for answer.

9. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

thats the correct path:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Cities XXL\Paks\mod

you need to install dependy mods (=community mod 2.01 by altiris) first!

10. paniconi

paniconi Vagabond

Thanh you Mr.X²
    I download the files: XXL_RHM2-MrX2-Edit-3.patch, XXL_Altiris_CommunityMod_v2.01.patch.
    I copy these files in the following directory:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Cities XXL\Paks\mod
    The video game dosen't start. When the directory mod is empty the video game starts.
    Thank you for answer.

11. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

12. paniconi

paniconi Vagabond

The log is:

[21:21:46] CORE mcFilePack.cpp ( 515) Assert SerializeFat_(), Invalid uFATSize = 4294827057 (Filename = paks\mod\xxl_altiris_communitymod_v2.01.patch, FileSize = 336769, Offset = 477008)
    [21:21:46] CORE mcMem.cpp ( 827) Error Available physical memory = 28.189Gb
    [21:21:46] CORE mcMem.cpp ( 828) Error Available addressable virtual memory = 3.801Gb
    [21:21:46] CORE mcMem.cpp ( 829) Error Total physical memory = 31.925Gb
    [21:21:46] CORE mcMem.cpp ( 830) Error Total addressable virtual memory = 3.999Gb
    [21:21:46] MEMORY mcMemAllocator.cpp ( 107) ErrorBuild Core\mcStreamBin.cpp(41) : Request for allocation failed. Out of memory (need -140224)

13. Kurtis Edwards

Yuck! You're in good hands here, Paniconi! They'll help you figure it out.

14. gbojanic

gbojanic Governor

It might be a broken download... So delete the Community mod and then download it again.

15. barrakoda

barrakoda Unskilled Worker

I'm going to try to fix the bug with the highway bridges being drawn across the surface. I tested that it is possible with regular roads, so hopefully it will just be a matter of reconciling what is different with the built-in bridges. If I get anywhere, I'll reply back.

andreharv and Costanza like this.
  16. paniconi

paniconi Vagabond

Hello gbojanic and thank you.
    It works! The download was bad.
    Thanks for all persons who helps us (me and my son).

17. Kurtis Edwards

Thats awesome if you play with your son. I often think of this game as a sort of modern train set that I built/played with friends as a kid

Costanza likes this.
  18. shaun lindgren

shaun lindgren Unskilled Worker

I get between 20-60min of gameplay before the game crashes using this mod. It always seems to be whenever I'm viewing my interchanges that the game will crash very quickly. I've also been able to crash the game when deleting decoration trees from around the highways.

[15:33:37] CORE mcFile.cpp ( 198) Error can't open file Data/Design/Layout/Road/Foundation/foundation_default_t1_PedPath_40x05.layout
    [15:33:37] CORE mcFile.cpp ( 198) Error can't open file Data/Design/Layout/Road/Foundation/foundation_default_t1_PedPath_40x05.layout
    [15:33:46] CORE mcFile.cpp ( 198) Error can't open file Data/Gfx/Animation/a_al_gen_sport95[1-acrobaticjump05].motion
    [15:33:48] CORE mcFile.cpp ( 198) Error can't open file Data/Gfx/Animation/a_al_gen_sport95[1-acrobaticjump05].motion
    [15:33:48] CORE mcFile.cpp ( 198) Error can't open file Data/Gfx/Animation/a_al_gen_sport94[1-acrobaticjump06].motion
    [15:33:56] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 523) Error Doing New message box with noAction LOADSAVECHECKPOINT:AreYouSure_Cancel
    [15:33:57] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 523) Error Removing directory live/offline/solo/SoloSaveRegion7Map2/Checkpoint5
    [15:34:22] LIVE Live/LiveTrafic/lsnMetaBehavio ( 102) Assert lsnMetaBehaviour::s_Create : NULL lane

Other than that, I have installed everything correctly and have the latest files, not sure what else to do.

19. Spock

Spock Executive

those exists on XL too, one way to fix it is to reduce the traffic slider to 0. that scks ha

20. barrakoda

barrakoda Unskilled Worker

I've begun refactoring the RHM2.0 release. I'm categorizing the class files based on road width, and redoing the AltGroups tags to make them more self documenting. I'm also thinking about putting these resources on git hub for collaboration.

For now, I'm focusing on the 2 lane highway pieces, to see if I can fix the road/bridge drawing issue.

So far, I did manage to get the bridges themselves to work. You can draw a bridge class, drop its altitude to ground level, and then continue drawing a road in the same edit. You can also continue to drop altitude below ground level and get a tunnel. I'm currently stuck trying to figure out why the road classes themselves keep trying to add the foundation (which causes 'bridge foundation too low' errors) while at ground level. Its slow, but I'm making progress.