1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Cities- Post Some Photos Here!

Discussion in 'City Photos' started by kipate, Sep 15, 2014.

1. royb 98

royb 98 Elite

Nice! I think the layout looks really natural. It reminds me of Barcelona.

I only think that you should split this square into two or three much smaller ones or add some trees to block the sight. Big open squares like these are very rare in historic centers.
    Register or to view Spoiler content!

2. Pepino

Pepino Mayor

Very nice, I especially like the historical center, which looks very realistic from above (I would be careful with styles mixing). I'm not much of a fan of the huge grid part, which I believe is the "new town". I know these tend to be griddy, but I'd say it's too much for my taste. Throw a big irregular park in the middle, create a hill to give it a natural obstacle... just my opinion and suggestions.

3. wozzeck

wozzeck Unskilled Worker

The cathedral square? Totally. I probably won't change it's shape but it needs tons of details and furniture.

I know, but when you are building a large city you get bored with the lack of buildings so I chose to play with different styles. This centre was once surrounded by city walls so it had to feel old. I think Latin Pack, Amsterdam Pack, South France Residential and Tudor Houses fit well for this pourpose.

Yeah, I gotta explore the terraforming options. I'm kind of a newbie.

4. Razox

Razox Mayor

cxl_screenshot_kristiansand_3.jpg cxl_screenshot_kristiansand_5.jpg cxl_screenshot_kristiansand_6.jpg cxl_screenshot_kristiansand_7.jpg

Attached Files:

5. Razox

Razox Mayor

6. mrmnts

mrmnts Skilled Worker

Very excited about the new Florence buildings. Testing them on a Mediterranean rural setting together with Monty's farms. Very promising florencerural2.jpg

florencerural3.jpg

7. streptojomeini

streptojomeini Executive

Razox, your work is simply amazing, only one thing to say about it, could you please show a little bit more of your creations? it would be great! :)

SeptianAjie likes this.
  8. mrmnts

mrmnts Skilled Worker

I would like to ask you guys, has anybody added a promenade to their cities? How do you build it? I mean, what do you use to make it? Are there any fenced roads or pedestrian paths that you find more realistic for this? I don't think there is actually a promenade type of wall or structure at the moment, right?

9. royb 98

royb 98 Elite

10. mrmnts

mrmnts Skilled Worker

Yes, thank you. That is exactly the type of thing I was looking for. I didn't have it cause it is not an XXL mod. I'll see if it works in XXL

11. mrmnts

mrmnts Skilled Worker

Great! It works on XXL. I have also downloaded the other seawalls. I have seen this type of structure in other people's cities but none of them were XXL so I thought I couldn't use them. But I've tested the 15m esplanade and it works, so I've downloaded the other ones too, I hope there'll be no crashes with those ones too. I think the seawall road from the Amsterdam pak works the same way as these ones, so if that one works... Thanks, this is gonna make such a difference in my cities :agnes3:

12. domengzu

domengzu Unskilled Worker

kipate and mrmnts like this.
  13. mrmnts

mrmnts Skilled Worker

14. mrmnts

mrmnts Skilled Worker

@domengzu , unfortunately it seems I cannot make the uokiok seawalls work: they come out as regular roads. I've tried several maps but it didn't work. Everything else works fine in XXL. I'll post some photos here once I have something decent to show

15. domengzu

domengzu Unskilled Worker

It must be placed above the water, of course as much as possible near the shore. And the direction of placing matters, to the left or to the right, I am not sure which one, I will check once I get back to the game after this weekend.

If placed above land, as you see, it turns out as regular roads.

mrmnts likes this.
  16. kipate

kipate Governor

Hijacking all the photo threads :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Monty likes this.
  17. mrmnts

mrmnts Skilled Worker

Do you mean me? :b27:

18. kipate

kipate Governor

No no, I meant myself, posted some more photos before in the Airport thread :D

19. mrmnts

mrmnts Skilled Worker

Hahaha... :ROFLMAO: I thought it was me cause I've been posting away everywhere asking about mods. The possibilities are endless now that I've discovered that most old mods do work on XXL :dmc7a:

20. kmantyniemi

kmantyniemi Unskilled Worker

My current project. Angel Falls

Register or to view Spoiler content!