1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Cities- Post Some Photos Here!

Discussion in 'City Photos' started by kipate, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Kitsunebi

Kitsunebi Governor

Very nice! Is this the new capital between the big islands?
    The port area is well done and the park at the beach is superb! (y)

2. kipate

kipate Governor

Yes, it shall be the new capital ;) and thank you, I hopeI will be able to add some ressorts and other stuff :) schools, a parliament, some more residences for the elites, golf courses...

3. Ammar Shaker

Ammar Shaker Elite

Good to see people still playing :)

Lokentaz and kipate like this.
  4. Lokentaz

Lokentaz Governor

Finaly, Le Corbusier's project for Paris (post #5 in this page: Ugliest buildings in the world) wasn't so bad :b2:

kipate likes this.
  5. kipate

kipate Governor

The new parliament built during the 70s and 80s :b29:
    gamescreen0168.jpg

Miguel, Kitsunebi, Lokentaz and 5 others like this.
  6. BahadirB

BahadirB Governor

The Parliament building looks awesome, you demonstrate some creativity with the eco-office pack, which I miss using (I suppose they do not work in XXL)! I guess the Greens are in power in your city! ;)

but assuming that it is a capital, the arrangement of the environment of the parliament seems a bit arbitrary and ordinary. I mean, you don't have to have some sort of a Sovietic order in reshaping the neighbourhood, but some symmetrical architecture would, in my humble opinion, would be much more realistic. Likewise, the buildings surrounding the parliament could have been more coherent in their architectural styles. And that carpark in the foreground really bugs me, perhaps it lacks a symmetrical counterpart on the right, but hey the grean area is not symmetrical as well! :LOL:

kipate likes this.
  7. kipate

kipate Governor

Well, that eco office packs works in XXL ;) you only have to use the fix by Monty, I guess :)

Well, that building shall represent the new parliament of a Caribbean island nation that became independent within the 1970s from the United Kingdom. The new capital city was chosen as a compromise regarding a fierce rivalry between the two main islands. A bit like Wellington in New Zealand ;)
    Of course, the city already had existed before, and there was neither money nor intention to tear down existing Spanish and British colonial architecture :)
    And I don't see any problem with the area not being coherent regarding the architectural styles. It rather demonstrates a grown city to me, in which the government does not put itself above the people. Also, that way, it looks rather similar to the capital cities within the Caribbean :)
    And you are too focused on the geometry. But parking lots are a necessity that you cannot avoid.

BahadirB likes this.
  8. Razox

Razox Mayor

What mode did you use to make so perfect parking place?

kipate likes this.
  9. kipate

kipate Governor

Finally someone who recognized the hardest part of that area :LOL: ;)
    Well, for the streets, I used a no-collision version of the small pedpaths by secpol, made by @Pepino :)
    MEGA

Then I upgraded the no-collision pedpath to a 5m common pedpath, and placed all the single parking lots alongside the curvy path. In the end, I deleted the paths and replaced them with plazas :)
    Here is the XXL version:
    Detail up parts vol.3

10. kipate

kipate Governor

Also guys, never forget about the truly important services^^
    gamescreen0169.jpg

Drazicdesign, Kitsunebi and BahadirB like this.
  11. BahadirB

BahadirB Governor

Wow, fifty shades of water! (y) Amazing job!

But the pools do not give the perception of depth with the pavements. I know it's not you but the game, but you might consider putting some sort of heights (i.e. fences or walls maybe). I know putting up "curved" walls/fences is not possible, but why not aim at impossibility! :cool:

I also assume that you are gonna put up some perimeter walls to demarcate the boundaries of the facility! :)

12. kipate

kipate Governor

Thanks, it shall look similar to a sewage water treatment facility in Jamaica^^

The pools are already 1m below the paved area, but yeah, it is hard to recognize. But using some kind of walls would ruin the circular shape look -.-

There are already fences around the park plaza, it is just that the mod vanishes at LOD3 ;)

BahadirB likes this.
  13. Project_Oz

Project_Oz Mayor

rise the ground. build your circular path (replace with plaza) and lower the ground where is the water (is a mod that let you lower the ground between road, plaza) use a 1 m pedestrian path an build on lower ground (as close as possible to existing circular path) a replica of existing path. place harbor or sand plaza between the path and plaza (this 2 plaza can be built almost vertical) after that delete the path and fill with water plaza. you can play with 1 m pedestrian path height so you can have different water level.

BahadirB likes this.
  14. kipate

kipate Governor

You don't say :p

What do you think I did? I did use the Water Plaza mod by Lex. And I used the small pedpaths and downgraded from 3 to 1m. But if I changed the look, it would not be looking as industrial as it does now. Also, working with plazas is not easy when it comes to circular shapes, as the game manager then tends to pick close by vertices.

15. Project_Oz

Project_Oz Mayor

You change the pedpaths with plaza. In that way when you lower the ground you can build pedpaths close to the plaza. After that place sand plaza between the plaza and new pedpaths to create the inner wall, then delete the pedpaths and place water plaza.
    cxl_screenshot_test_17.jpg cxl_screenshot_test_16.jpg

BahadirB, Drazicdesign and kipate like this.
  16. kipate

kipate Governor

No offense, @Project_Oz, but yours is more or less the same that I did ;) The gray plaza in my image is split into 1m wide flat parts that are in the middle of each plaza strip, and 1m wide crooked parts running down to the water plaza. As the sand plaza in your image does. The problem is that a sand plaza does not yield an industrial look for that sewage water treatment facility. Also, I don't want to put the water plaza down more than 1m.

17. Project_Oz

Project_Oz Mayor

I am not offended. But 1 meter deep is too little to give you the impression of a pool. (maybe if you lower the water level to 2-3 pools, you could create that impression of depth to the rest of them?). As far as I know only the harbor and the sand plaza can be built on the inclination so great to give the impression of a wall.
    For the industrial look you should also use some pipes. (y)

18. kipate

kipate Governor

Hmmh, maybe I will try using some brigther plazas at some parts, could be worth a try (y)
    But pipes can not be used in XXL -.- the mod does not work... also, if you look for Soapberry Sewage Treatment Plant, you will see that there are not many pipes ;)

19. Kitsunebi

Kitsunebi Governor

Heyhey... I've been working on an island for a while in the style of Spanish colonial like the Canary Islands. You'll see similarities to Santa Cruz in the island's main city ^^ I'm about 85% finished...

cxl_screenshot_puerto de la cruz_1.jpg
    The rural southern part of the island

cxl_screenshot_puerto de la cruz_20.jpg This is the island's main city...

cxl_screenshot_puerto de la cruz_8.jpg There are several small towns with little harbours..

cxl_screenshot_puerto de la cruz_13.jpg
    Many towns and villages have nice historic centers...

cxl_screenshot_puerto de la cruz_9.jpg And of course many beaches ^^

Ammar Shaker, Jotaere, Miguel and 6 others like this.
  20. Miguel

Miguel Governor

:love:
    Awesome :love:

Kitsunebi likes this.