1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please see the following thread for more information
    XLN's future is looking bad

Your Cities- Post Some Photos Here!

Discussion in 'City Photos' started by kipate, Sep 15, 2014.

1. kipate

kipate Governor

Thanks for the comments, guys :)

You‘re right, @Drazicdesign, I need to place some decorative traffic lights, may then it looks safer :D

@Project_Oz yes, I get your point, and I actually thought of this as well. But the large avenue is only 2 to 3 meters above water level, so I would need to integrate the whole tunnel area into the museum complex. And I could only place the decorative stairs on top of the tunnel. If you want to place one road above another, you need about 6 to 7 meters of distance in height between them, the game engine does not really allow for less. So I would only have the decorative stairs, and I have my doubts whether this will look any better.

Also, the small road is necessary to get to the parking lots and the small football field.

2. kipate

kipate Governor

A little preview: Marshalling Yard and Assembly Plant (only parts, of course there is parking space for more cars ;) ). What do you think?
    Teaser_332.png

Drazicdesign and Project_Oz like this.
  3. Project_Oz

Project_Oz Mayor

I have to admit. I am becoming more and more envious of your attention to detail. I think it took you several days to build so many fences. The Assembly Plant also looks very good and it's admirable how you managed to combine so many buildings and make it look so good.
    Marshalling Yard looks very good to. I would recommend you to put more lighting poles. I have a small marshalling yard in my city and I noticed that at night it looks very good to drive by it and see so many lights.

The plaza between the railway lines, for me, is not a very good choice, it gives me the feeling that you have the graphics set to low.
    But what bothers me is the plaza that rise towards the railway bridge. The green one before the first pillar. It should have reached the first pillar or ended when the railway walls begin.

kipate likes this.
  4. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Very nice railway area!
    your road or rail networks are exceptional!
    it's beautiful!(y)
    It's always a pleasure to see your work!

kipate likes this.
  5. kipate

kipate Governor

Hey Project_Oz :) Good eye! I think you're right concerning the green plaza in front of the bridge pillar. I will see whether I can change it (y)

The assemby plant is actually built over a road, so it was also a bit of an experiment. But I like the result a lot!

The fences did not take long, due to the mods by @Drazicdesign ;)
    Buildings - Noise barriers - Decoration - XXL - XL

By the way, there are more lighting poles ;) The problem is that they do vanish from a certain distance. There is another mod also with lighting poles, but only no-collision. If I used no-collision poles, it would have taken me ages to construct them in a nice way. That's simply not worth the effort.

I'm not totally sure what you about those plazas between the railways. They look quite fitting in my eyes. Probably I should not put too much greenery in between. But the industrial look is nice in my view. The graphics are all set to highest level, but I'm playing on a laptop, that may be the reason :D

Project_Oz likes this.
  6. chupobumbo

chupobumbo Executive

After a long time, I decided to start a new project and wanted to share with you the very first pictures of what I've done with the airport and train station of the City of Augusta. Hope you like it! cxl_screenshot_augusta_5.jpg cxl_screenshot_augusta_3.jpg cxl_screenshot_augusta_4.jpg cxl_screenshot_augusta_6.jpg

Drazicdesign and kipate like this.
  7. Project_Oz

Project_Oz Mayor

@chupobumbo I hope you will have fun with the city. I am not a fan of big airport so i will not comment on that but i am interested in your train station. Can you post please some close picture with the train station and the tracks? Can you explain how are your people going from train station to airport?

8. chupobumbo

chupobumbo Executive

@Project_Oz here are the pictures you asked for. About your question, I forgot to build an easy pedestrian way to connect the train station to the airpot, so i added some pedestrian bridge, and did the same for the hotels. Hope you like this

cxl_screenshot_augusta_7.jpg cxl_screenshot_augusta_8.jpg cxl_screenshot_augusta_9.jpg cxl_screenshot_augusta_10.jpg cxl_screenshot_augusta_11.jpg

kipate and Drazicdesign like this.
  9. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Hi,
    It’s a pleasure to see your work!:)

I like the way you built the road network around and in front of the airport.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of your project!:D

chupobumbo likes this.
  10. Project_Oz

Project_Oz Mayor

@chupobumbo Thx. I really like the track intersection in forth picture. I don't know how eficient they are but they lock cool. Also now i saw the split avenue in the first picture. Looks awesome, even though you have some very strange traffic rules:ROFLMAO:. Can you post some close picture with roundabout and write what mods have you used. They look very realistic.
    About the pedestrian bridge. Yes the connection between aeroport, hotel and train station now locks better. But i suggest to create a park near the hotel. That forest it locks to simple. And between tracks try to build something, ad more trains, change the patterns for plaza. You have there something beautiful but need a bit of work.
    What i really don't like, are the huge roads between airport and train station. They are too many for my taste.
    One more thing. I think the huge buss station would lock good between the parking loots.

Drazicdesign and kipate like this.
  11. Project_Oz

Project_Oz Mayor

I disagree ;)

Drazicdesign likes this.
  12. chupobumbo

chupobumbo Executive

Thank you Draz ❤️

The split avenue in the first picture is needed because the main road is a one way with five lanes, but i will post the pictures you asked. About the forest: i still don't know what i will put in that area, i am even thinking about making a sunken raik track there, so i can build some roads or pedestrian paths to connect both the sides.
    And yes, the station is lacking in details, but i was bored to fill it, and also the Airport area took a long while to be finished, so i decided to complete it in a second time. But i was so excited for the job i did that i couldn't wait to share some pictures and receive some help from the community, just the way you're doing.
    Thank you!!!

Drazicdesign, Project_Oz and kipate like this.
  13. kipate

kipate Governor

Hey @chupobumbo :) I like your approach a lot. It's a simple medium-sized linearized airport outside some beltway.

I agree with @Project_Oz and your own statements: At parts, the structure is too simple and it lacks some adequate decorative elements.

Some years ago, I would have asked you to restart the whole airport, but I'm getting older :D
    What I would recommend though are the following points:

1) @Project_Oz is right in my opinion, the railyard next to the train station needs some more plazas in between to make it look more realistic.

2) I would say that you should add a small highway starting at the other highway and directly leading to the traffic circle at the AIA flowers.

3) Delete all the parking area between the two AIAs. Rebuild that area. Add a bit more shape, add some parking garages, some free forms, and so on ;)

4) A bus station is a good idea, but I would only take the small station for busses. The large one would make sense if there were no other mode of transport, but there already is the train station.

Wish you all the best!!

14. chupobumbo

chupobumbo Executive

So, there are some new pictures from Augusta International Airport and Train Station, with new details and the roads leading in and out the area. Hope you enjoy it!

cxl_screenshot_augusta_12.jpg cxl_screenshot_augusta_13.jpg cxl_screenshot_augusta_14.jpg cxl_screenshot_augusta_15.jpg cxl_screenshot_augusta_16.jpg cxl_screenshot_augusta_17.jpg cxl_screenshot_augusta_18.jpg cxl_screenshot_augusta_19.jpg cxl_screenshot_augusta_20.jpg cxl_screenshot_augusta_21.jpg

15. kipate

kipate Governor

@chupobumbo, those highways look fantastic, and I love the exits. Really magnificent work!

Concerning the airport, it does not match the genius of the highways.

1) I think that you can use more forest or park plazas e.g. for that little park next to the AIA flowers.

2) What about some fences between the parking lots and the airport area?

3) That container freight station does not persuade me. It is too plain in my eyes. What about some maintenance yard for trains instead? Maybe a small version of the East New York Depot in Brooklyn? It is the yard next to Broadway Junction:
    Google Maps
    You could use e.g. the small hangars from the Ultimate Military Mod and the tunnel from aitortilla‘s convention center to create, as well as the warehouses by gbojanic to create such a facility :)

4) The area between terminal and train station is still a bit simple, but it looks better than before (y)

Project_Oz likes this.
  16. chupobumbo

chupobumbo Executive

Ok, i will start to project the new train station and try to build both freight and maintenance yard. I will also fill the empty spaces (parks, greenery, plazas) with more details. Just two questions: what's wrong with the airport? What would you add? Have in mind that i added a wall for the airport and some entrances and exits monitored with bars.
    Thank you for your help

kipate likes this.
  17. Project_Oz

Project_Oz Mayor

I hope you have time to read:ROFLMAO: (he studied the rules in building the airport)
    I sugest to loock @ CJ - Nicaumenee. He also posted pictures of the city in other places. You have to search. But in principle I would say that it has the most perfect, detailed parks and complexes built.

CJ - KENT Here I say that you find the most spectacular airport and also a lot of details on how to decorate the surroundings from which to be inspired. He also built some of the best curved roads. One thing I see that you are also very good at. I hope you build them as much as possible

I think you will find most decorating ideas in CJ from Resources from Inan. It has many pictures and you have to search among them, but they are there. The problem is that he built a lot by combining buildings and at least when I tried I had all kinds of errors. And also he was not so interested in building as perfectly as possible compared to Kipate. But after me he had the most ideas to decorate, build and most importantly he managed to make a perfect transition between the buildings.

kipate likes this.
  18. kipate

kipate Governor

Guys, guys, calm down :D It‘s not like I would want to start a fight!

@chupobumbo there is nothing in general that is <<wrong>> in my eyes. I really like your approach a lot! I rather want to encourage you to invest a bit more time and patience to make the area look more realistic and add some more details.

Some of the structures at the airport look a bit like they are missing the final touches. For example that container freight station. There is nothing bad about simplifying stuff. As a CXL player, you have to simplify stuff to get the city done. I have been doing that myself all the time. I just think that such a complex combination of structures (airport, train station, railyard) deserves some more attention to detail. For example using different plazas, adding some no–collision if possible, and so on. I‘m quite sure that the result will be great!

By the way, I would add the CJs by @Kitsunebi (and you do not have to look at my CJs). Kits has really mastered airports.

@Project_Oz you can call me by my nickname. Reading that <<he>> really felt awkward :|
    By the way, thanks for your appraisal, but there are lots of other great cities on the site :) And you have not seen the new park so far^^

Project_Oz likes this.
  19. Project_Oz

Project_Oz Mayor

I apologize. It was not on purpose. English is not my mother tongue and besides that I'm trying to learn German and sometime I really don't know in what language I'm writing in. Entschuldigung :unsure:

I didn't include Kitsunebi because his airport is much smaller than what Chupobumbo built. Drazicdesign's airport in Kent seemed closer to what Chupobumbo built. Maybe there are others, but I said before that I don't like these gigantic airports, so I didn't look at others.

You deserve the appraisal. I didn't mention others because those who built very nicely didn't have access to as many mods as there are now.

kipate likes this.
  20. chupobumbo

chupobumbo Executive

Ok guys, keep calm and go on giving me the right inspiration, just like you did til now.

So, about the airport @Project_Oz the following are the airports that i tried to replicate:

Google Maps (Airport of Catania)

Google Maps (Airport of Catanzaro/Lamezia Terme, my home town)

I think I got a good result for the runways and terminals, maybe will add some decorations here and there.

About the train station @kipate this is what i did in the last hours. I will build the freight area with access from the incomplete roundabout

cxl_screenshot_augusta_22.jpg cxl_screenshot_augusta_23.jpg

Drazicdesign, Project_Oz and kipate like this.