This mod adds a monorail system to Cities XL. Please read carefully the instructions and dependencys.
- CitiesXL 2011
- CitiesXL 2012
- CitiesXL Platinum
This version is for XL only! For XXL-version click here: Transportation - Monorail (XXL only) | XLNation - Cities XXL
UIM 1.79.9: Dependency - XL User Interface Mod | XLNation - Cities XXL
Tags.cfg V1.2 or above: Dependency - Tags.cfg | XLNation - Cities XXL
1. Place the patch file in your mods folder.
2. You’ll find the monorail under Transport/Public Transport menu
3. There will be 4 new icons:
Station: They work like metro stations, you place the station first and then connect them using tracks.
Once connected by tracks, the platforms will appear.
Tracks: These tracks are used to connect the stations along the monorail line.
“Station-to-Track” Dummy: StoT pieces snap to stations and allow you to connect them to dummy tracks (see below) to create loops.
Dummy Track: These tracks are used to create loops or to extend the tracks beyond the last station of the line. They only snap to StoT pieces or dummy tracks.
How to build a monorail line:
1. Locate the monorail station icon in Transport/Public Transport menu.
2. Place the stations by double clicking on them. At this point you'll only see the base of the station. (metro stations work as well)
3. Use the tracks to connect the stations. You'll notice a big placeholder structure as you drag the tracks from the station. This happens for technical reasons, you can hide it simply by holding the shift key and dragging the track a little below.
(Picture is from XXL, in XL no placeholder will appear). As you connect them, the platforms appear and they become functional.
How to create a loop or extend the tracks pass the last station:
Once you connected all the stations, you can add a track to create a loop line. The tracks used to connect the stations don't work for that.
1. Select the StoT dummy, and connect them to the first and the last station. This will allows you to connect the dummy tracks to them.
2. Select the dummy tracks and create a loop to close the line. You may need to adjust the height of the tracks by holding Shift key and dragging up and down.
Massive thanks to Monty for his work on this mod and for releasing it to XLNation, it probably wouldn't have happened if not for him.
Also Thanks to Aitortilla for supplying 3D Models.
Thanks to MrX for the XL\Platinum update.
MONORAIL!, MONORAIL!, MONORAIL!.
- Installation Pre-requiste(s):
- UIM 1.79.9
Tags cfg V1.2 or above
I will no longer be hosting XLNation as of March 1, 2017. Skullz613 will be taking the reigns of the site in early 2017 and XLNation will be moving to a new web hosting service. During that transition there will be an interruption in service of up to two weeks. Skullz613 is now a full administrator of XLNation. Be kind to him.Dismiss Notice
Transportation Monorail for XL 1.2
Monorail system for XL