1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

First TIme User - Help - Cities XXL

Discussion in 'Cities XXL Resource Discussions' started by xivxiv, Feb 8, 2017.

1. xivxiv

xivxiv Vagabond

Hello there,

I'm sorry if I ask the obvious. But I'm not sure how to install mods and cannot find a clear explanation anywhere. I hear about a XXL Community Mod. But the file downloaded is a "patch" file. How do i install that? Idem for all other mods.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Thanks

2. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Hi,

To use one or more mods:
    Please create a folder named "mods" in the "Paks" folder, which you can find by following the following path:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Cities XXL\Paks

Then,
    Place the file ".patch" in your "mods" folder as shown below
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Cities XXL\Paks\mods

These 5 mods are the ".patch" files necessary for the proper operation of the Cities XXL game, in case you want to use other mods.
    Before you start playing, I invite you to download the following mods(files .patch):
    - Cities XXL Community Patch
    - Fix for old mods shader crash errors
    -
    XL Nation Meubles dépendance pack
    - Z_Pharmist_TreeBug_Fix
    - Pack Véhicule

Good game!

ronrn likes this.
  3. xivxiv

xivxiv Vagabond

Thanks a lot for the information! I was always trying to figure out how to install a .patch file, didn't realize i just had to copy it. Is there any great mod that you would recommend (except the ones you put here above)? :)

Thanks again,

4. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

I leave you the care to choose in list of mods for Cities XXL
    HERE FOR XXL

Also, you can use Cities XL mods,
    HERE

However, I invite you to place the mods into your mods folder, quietly, one after the other, in order not to disrupt Cities XXL,

Warning, Be sure to read the recommendations before downloading the .patch file
    All mods of "Cities XL" are not compatible with "Cities XXL"

Now you know the essential :D

5. Kaisarjoanne95

Kaisarjoanne95 Vagabond

hi, did i need to download all the patch file as you mentioned above and place it into the mods folder?