1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Transportation CXL Transportation Mods for CXXL.

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Radiant Dawn, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

CXXL really needs more road & transportation mods much like the ones available for CXL.

For instance,
    etc. etc. And why do we still not have a functional rail system? I realize that the codes to create one for CXL are unavailable, but what about CXXL? Can't we make one for CXXL already? And what about a functional elevated rail, monorail system, tram track system, and subway/underground rail to elevated rail & train track/above ground rail transition options much like the ones that are available for Sim City? These would create so many more options for transportation, not to mention add interest to cities. After all this time since the release of CXXL, I would have expected more mods much like the ones for CXL to be available, but all this time and there are still such minimal options and features available for CXXL.

2. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

yeah, that would indeed be awesome, and i might switch from 12 to xxl then. but im pretty sure nothing of this will ever happen. most authors arent active anymore and also some certain folks having knowledge bout this stuff left.
    btw. all bridge mods do work in xxl ;)

Radiant Dawn likes this.
  3. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

Would it be so hard to ask one of the modders to somehow try to convert the old XL transportation mods to XXL? I mean, we have the files available, don't we? I don't understand what should be so hard about that. Plus, we still have some experienced modders like Monty and Aitortilla, do we not? I'm sure they could work their skills.

4. Nogerivan

Nogerivan Governor

road widening works on xxl..
    I've tried to convert Uokiok path but it had so many files, it so confusing so I left it

Radiant Dawn likes this.
  5. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

The guys, I began a project of road here
    EE1181BB9C2AE66036285D37F8201F709B500A31.jpg

gamesc10.jpg

I have done on all 3dsmax The .SGBIN Files french roads.

I will share the 3dsmax files.
    This allows modders to easily change the textures !

6. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

transportation stuff is harder to do than you might expect ;)
    guess why we still dont have a working rail

Radiant Dawn likes this.
  7. pauliaxz

pauliaxz Mayor

Do cars ride on those bus lanes?

8. veija2

veija2 Mayor

Like everyone else who plays in XXL, I am sadly disappointed with roads. Looking forward to whatever you do in this regard, Drazicdesign. I hope you do some wide roads, too - 6 and 8 lane are sorely missed.

If I had the software, I'd try modding. It's my understanding, though, that it's not readily available. I appreciate all the work that you modders do. The game would not be any fun to play without your hard work.

javier and Radiant Dawn like this.
  9. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Here you can delete a line from your list
    http://xlnation.city/resources/uokiok-pedestrian-paths-cxxl.1593/

veija2 and Radiant Dawn like this.
  10. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

I know, but I mean would it be hard to convert pre-existing CXL mods to XXL? Judging by Drazic's speedy conversion of the ped path mod, it isn't. So why not do it?

11. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

12. Spock

Spock Executive

why u not do it yourself?

13. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

Look, I understand you all are desperate for more modders. I see you are making an effort any way you can to seek out more of them. I also want more modders and for the sake of creating more mods of my own personal desire I have even considered becoming one myself, but I have already explained why I choose not to take on the task of modding for myself and I do not wish to explain it again. I also understand that you all are seeking out those who are willing to make contributions to the XLN community, but we do have the freedom to choose, do we not? Modding is not one of the qualifications of being an XLN member. Though I have no technical knowledge on how to create mods, if I someday choose to give it a try, I will, but as of now, I must decline.

14. Monty

Monty Governor

that looks awesome!

Depends on the mod. Some could only need a tag, others like trams need changes in the interface and many other files. It's not as simple as you may think. Roads are the most difficult elements to mod, they have a lot of pieces and dozens of files, some road mods have hundreds of files. Not everyone has time and energy for that.

What you're asking is not as easy as you think. Even if you had an army of modders (like the NEXL had one time :p) you'll still have to face all the limitations in the game, and they are a lot.

Drazicdesign likes this.
  15. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

I agree with about Monty .
    And I confirm that there are many file to perform a simple street.

For pedestrian paths Oukiok I change 44 lines of TAG .

Also I have not managed to use the bridges of Oukiok.

I think we should continue to change XXL to improve the game ! ;)

16. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

Well, hard or not, XXL is not going to be much of an improvement from XL until what we have for XL is available for XXL. It's just won't be the same until it happens. I honestly don't see the point in playing XXL until I see more of the mods we have for XL made available, and unfortunately for me that may mean sticking with XL for the time being and putting up with all the technical difficulties associated with the simulator, and that's kinda a drag.

17. ronrn

ronrn Governor

No trams and bus lane roads, IMO, hardly enough reason not to move to XXL. I've no desires to go back to Platinum.
    The highway mods still need a bit of improvement but they also have many limitations in XL too. It just calls for a bit of imaginative "work arounds" in either of the game versions.

Sure, there are quite a few other mods that can't be used, but I would say I've managed to install roughly 80-90% of the unconverted mods in XL(2012) resources to XXL(2015). It took a pro-active effort, countless re-starts, crashes, and complete game re-installs (sound familiar XL fans?) but now that it's done I can move on to smoother, faster, and much less interrupted (over-all better) city building.

Considering what seemingly few goals I've managed to reach in my 60 years, I can say I never reached one by standing still or stepping backwards.

Mod conversions, improvements, and creations may not be at the pace that you or I desire at the moment (which by human nature will never be fast enough), but we have no rights to call it slow until we take up modding ourselves. I'm just glad there are guys/gals like these, here at the Nation, who take enough interest to improve the simulations and game play (and voluntarily share their hard work) for the rest of us to enjoy.(y)

Monty and Mr.X² like this.
  18. jackiersin12

jackiersin12 Unskilled Worker

İstiyorum cities xl 2012 :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::xllove::xllove: