1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Monorail for XL 1.2

Monorail system for XL

1. BlackDiamonds

BlackDiamonds Vagabond

I followed all the instructions, I have both required. It still continues to not work.

2. YestoMonorails

YestoMonorails Vagabond

Hi there I have done everything correctly and installed all the dependicies and the mod but when I load the game and attempt to build a monorail station the textaure turns grey and fuzzy and after that I try to build a monorail line which snaps to the station and it clearly appears in a green overlay but then it says no room

3. rippach

rippach Unskilled Worker

I recently started playing Cities again and found this awesome mod, so I had to integrate it in my city.
    When building the monorail I'm facing some issues. I'm using Cities XL and I still see the placeholders. I can make them disappear when i use the shift key and move them down a little bit, however, when I want to cross a subway line I have to go up a bit, otherwise it won't let me build it. Now the problem is that the placeholders stay in place even after I built the monorail (and even after tearing it down again). Is there a way to get rid of them?
    n2acemp6.jpg

Thank you

4. andrewedwards

andrewedwards Vagabond

I just downloaded this mod and tried it but after I place the station and go to add the tracks I get there no room for this building and its red any idea how to fix this?

using XXL with XXL community mod pack

5. domengzu

domengzu Unskilled Worker

@andrewedwards, I think you should use the dedicate version for XXL, click here. Check also below link for the discussion post.

For others, might be helpful if you could check the discussion for XXL version, post #36. I don't have CXL, so I do not know if the solution is also applicable CXL.

6. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

i think it should work since theres no difference in bridge stuff between xl and xxl

someone just try'n'error :p

7. marcin18p

marcin18p Vagabond

Awesome mod! But unfortunately there is a problem with grey objects. It's impossible to remove them after placing.

Attached Files:

8. kipate

kipate Governor

9. Djboi

Djboi Unskilled Worker

followed every instruction, have every dependencie and still it crashes before game even starts up ... I'm on platinum still ( lol ) am I right in saying it doesn't work for platinum ??

10. kipate

kipate Governor

Well, maybe you got some images of how you build the lines, what the log days, etc. ...
    Just complaining does not help ;)

11. Djboi

Djboi Unskilled Worker

The game doesn't even start .. I have both dependencies in place and working then once I add the monorail to mods pak folder and click to open game it crashes doesn't even let me see the title screen ?? does this work on platinum ??

12. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

please post a log whenever your game crashes; heres how to do it: All-you-need Tech Thread

however, u say that the game doesnt even start, thats why im 99,99% sure its a tags problem. get the following dependency and make sure to install it correctly Dependency - Tags.cfg just follow the installation instructions given on the page.
    if u think u already did, please go to your cities xl installation folder and open ..../data/config/tags.cfg using editor/notepad then tell me what the fourth line says.

PS: yes, this mod (monorail for XL) does definitely work on xl platinum

kipate and Jotape like this.
  13. Djboi

Djboi Unskilled Worker

Please let me be the first to state I was wrong !!! tags dependencies was in fact incorrectly installed....
    Now I feel very stupid haha :mad:... thanks for the advice and sending me the right direction Mr X ;)

Mr.X² likes this.